1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1999 F450 Dump with Plow and Sander 40K miles

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by dfcarlso, Nov 7, 2012.

1. dfcarlso

dfcarlso Junior Member
    from CT

Yes, it really only has 40k miles.

I'm selling my 1999 F450 7.3 Powerstroke with 9 foot Boss Heavy Duty Plow and 8 foot Stainless steel sander. Truck starts right up every time.

Two sets of tires both with about 60-70% tread. One set for winter which are currently mounted and another set of all seasons.

The truck does have rust and is not currently drive-able.(Brakes need to be bled but rear driveside bleeder screw was rounded by whoever worked on it last)

It logically only needs the brakes bled and the track bar welded in place to be up and plowing. The sander will need additional attention.

I have replaced the following items on the truck
    -2 brand new batteries
    -Both transmission lines and fluid
    -Brand new main rear brake line

The truck needs some attention and as parts are replaced and fixed the price will increase.
    -Brakes need to be bled
    -Track bar needs to be welded back on
    -Rear frame brace should be replaced
    -Oil cooler seals need to be replaced($60s in parts and about an hour job)
    -All four shocks should be replaced. I have a brand new set of fronts and will soon have a set of rears.
    -Dump body wire needs to be reconnected

The plow is fully functional

The sander electric. It needs the bearings replaced which I have and could also use a new chain. It does function but I am in mid process of replaced the track/chain bearings.

As mentioned, as parts are replaced the price will increase. I have two of these trucks and know what they are worth so please do not low ball me as the sander and plow are worth $6k plus on their own. This is a 16k plus truck in good functioning condition that needs less then $500 worth of work. I'm only selling because the recent storm generated enough revenue for me to purchase a brand new truck and there is no reason for me to pay taxes/insurance on 3 trucks.

Best way to contact me is via text at 203 six eight Five 1 one 2 one. Emails will be ignored without a phone number included

Price is $13,200 but willing to negotiate for a fellow member.

Link to the one picture I have.

http://newyork.craigslist.org/fct/cto/3391002751.html

Please text or email if you would like additional pictures.
    Dfcarlso@gmail.com

2. dfcarlso

dfcarlso Junior Member
    from CT

I am negotiable

3. dfcarlso

dfcarlso Junior Member
    from CT

Few people coming to look this tonight/this weekend....Keep the interest coming and someone will get a good buy.

4. dfcarlso

dfcarlso Junior Member
    from CT

Reasonable! offers welcome

5. dfcarlso

dfcarlso Junior Member
    from CT

Still for sale. Two low offers so far

6. dfcarlso

dfcarlso Junior Member
    from CT

Up to the top

7. dirtnazi

dirtnazi Member
    from ct

can you send me some more pics or contact me at 860-883-4640 thanks Brian

8. dfcarlso

dfcarlso Junior Member
    from CT

Will try to send cell phone pictures tomorrow when I go to my other house. Thanks for your interest.

9. dfcarlso

dfcarlso Junior Member
    from CT

10. dfcarlso

dfcarlso Junior Member
    from CT

Up to the top

11. dfcarlso

dfcarlso Junior Member
    from CT

Price reduced. $12.300

12. dfcarlso

dfcarlso Junior Member
    from CT

Considering all offers.

13. 4700dan

4700dan Senior Member
    from Ohio

Dang that thing is got some bad rust on the frame for only 40k miles did it sit in salt water it's whole life

14. chevy2500meyer

chevy2500meyer Member

(no offense) Im guessing that the truck sat in the driveway most of the year and mostly used to "plow and salt". Since the bed doesnt work and misc. things with the frame and etc. IMO the truck is maybe worth 10-12k and thats on a good day but hey what do i know.

15. dfcarlso

dfcarlso Junior Member
    from CT

There is a sander in the bed of the truck

16. dfcarlso

dfcarlso Junior Member
    from CT

It was used year round up until about 4 months ago. The ground wire is disconnected on the dump body and simply needs to be reconnected. Based on your number I think my asking price is reasonable given nothing major needs work.

17. chevy2500meyer

chevy2500meyer Member

The hard sell of this truck is just someone isgonna have to tie up the loose ends with it. Good luck with the sale.

18. dfcarlso

dfcarlso Junior Member
    from CT

Replacing the rear caliper this week along with the track bar. Truck will be back on the road by Saturday.

19. goel

goel PlowSite.com Addict

Just a thought - the pictures look so ROUGH. Example is the one including the plow. Crap hanging off it, no lights - just looks beat to smitherines.

Prepping a picture of an item for sale is sooooooo important, if you actually want to sell it and not give it away imho.

20. dfcarlso

dfcarlso Junior Member
    from CT

Yes, I agree with that completely. Time has been extremely limited with the recent storms. I remove the lights off of my plows on heavier trucks and simply use the truck headlights but I do have the headlights.