1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1999 F350 Diesel 8' Fisher

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by J29, Feb 14, 2006.

1. J29

J29 Senior Member

Hello everyone,
    I'm new to the site and just wanted to introduce myself and post a picture of my plow truck. I know the pic is a little fuzzy and a couple of years old, but it's the best I could find right now.

My Plow Truck.JPG
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2006
  2. JET enterprises

JET enterprises Senior Member

nice truck i have a 1999 f350 too but 5.4 gas not a psd.. nice nice truck
  3. NEPSJay

NEPSJay Senior Member

Great lookin set up! Welcome to plowsite!!!:drinkup: :drinkup:
  4. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

welcome aboard ... sweet truck .... got anymore close up pics ?? .. what model of Whelen bar do you have ?
  5. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Nice truck.....welcome to plowsite!!:waving:
  6. J29

J29 Senior Member

Light Bar

Groundbreakers...It is a Whelen 9438Y light bar. It is 55". It has four strobes in front and four in the rear, along with two rear halogen flashers, two takedown lights and two alley lights. I also have four hide-away strobes on the truck...two in the front turn signals and two in the rear brakelights. Thanks everyone for all of your kind words so far. I will try and get some close up pics on there when I can find the cd that they're on. J.
  7. groundbreakers

sweet .. i just picked up a used whelen bar myself .... 9620 series ... exact same model except i have 12 strobe heads on mine ..... how many flash patterns does it have ?? and what kinda control box do you have ?
  8. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

Nice truck!! Plenty of light power!!
  9. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

nice truck i love the whole thing reg cab black diesel and all the lights
  10. J29

J29 Senior Member

Light Bar

Hi everyone...I appreciate the kind words about my truck. It's taken a few years and some plowing money to finally get it how i want it. The lightbar was the grand finale...I've been wanting one for years...even when I had my old 97 F350. Groundbreakers, to answer your questions...I have the PCC6R control panel by Whelen. I know it is not the ultimate in heavy duty, but for my uses, it had worked just fine. The light bar has four flash patterns I believe, comet flash, action flash, rapid random, and double flash. I use the action flash...feel it gives good overall on-time, although there is some serious flash-back when the snow is really falling. I hardly use the alley lights, but the takedowns are great for dark areas once the snow has stopped falling. Could use those as headlights alone. If you have anyone questions, feel free to ask. Take care everybody. J.
  11. groundbreakers

cool info man .. thats what i like about whelen bars ... if you only want the back turned on you can or the whole bar ...
  12. 02PSD

02PSD Junior Member

Nice truck J29 !!!!

Hello everybody .... I'm a new here myself. Been out of the plowing game for 6 years. Just bought a used plow truck 2 weeks ago. I was able to get it work in a hospital parking lot (11 hours) this past sunday. First storm of this year. I was thinking about getting it on with the state next year. Looking around for a nice l.e.d. mini light bar strobe.

Thanks for having me here. Here is a few pics of my truck.

Daren (02PSD)
  13. JPMAKO

JPMAKO Senior Member

J29, Daren

Nice Trucks guys, and welcome to the site.:waving:

14. douglasl330

douglasl330 Senior Member

Two beauties!!!! Welcome to the site!
  15. groundbreakers

02psd - what are you lookin for L.E.D or strobe ? i just seen a mini Liberty LED bar from whelen on ebay real cheap bids ..
  16. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

That truck and light bar are SWEET!!
  17. DrivewayKing

DrivewayKing Junior Member

Nice Truck J29 and Welcome to the site. Would u like an idea for ur lightbar if u mount the front side to the back u can use ur takedown lights as ur backup lights. I have a custom built lightbar and I put two takedown lights in the back for backup lights works great lights up everything
  18. SuperDutyFisher

SuperDutyFisher Member

Hey nice truck, I got the same truck and plow only mine doesn't have a diesel and the plow doesn't have a Snofoil. Its got a 5.4L.

19. J29

J29 Senior Member

Thanks SuperDutyFisher. I used to have the same lightbar you have before I got my current one. You have the bodyside molding all the way back on your bed. My truck is technically a 99.5, so I didn't get that. Wish I did. You must have been looking for a while, this thread is almost a year old. J.
  20. Fordistough

Fordistough Senior Member
    from USA

SuperDutyFisher, did someone paint that Fisher logo on there? It just doesn't look quite normal.