1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1999 f350 4x4 equipment question

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Lawn Tek, Jul 16, 2003.

1. Lawn Tek

Lawn Tek Member
    from Ky

Hi , we'll think we'll rig out our 1999 f 350 6 speed 4x 4 7.3 diesel for plowing .It also has a 10.5 foot dump bed on it . What do you pros think I need ? Yep thats right I'm a total plow rookie .

2. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

Welcome to Plowsite, Lawn Tek:drinkup:

Your truck sounds well suited for plowing, it will work great for street plowing. You'll probably want an automatic for parking lots.

The plow you will need will depend on the type of plowing you'll do, I'd recommend a 9' blade minimum. Try the search feature in the upper right corner of the page and look around a bit, there are lots of opinions on different types and brands of plows here.

3. wyldman

wyldman Member

Welcome to Plowsite. :waving:

Your truck will work fine,but like stated above,just better for roads or large open parking lots.

With the dump box,and the 6 speed,it would also be a good candidate for a hydraulic tailgate salter.Salt is where the $$$$'s are.

4. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

Welcome to plowsite:waving:

Your truck should plow just fine. make sure you get at least 9ft. I think a fisher would be the best plow.

5. snowjoker

snowjoker Senior Member

Welcome to Plowsite:waving: I would also suggest at least a 9 foot plow for your rig Lots of good plows to choose from. Good luck and keep us posted on what ya do :D