1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1999 F250 face lift what do you think?

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by daninline, Dec 5, 2007.

1. daninline

daninline Senior Member

So what do you think this is the same truck before we changed the nose over to a 2007.
    The truck is a 1999 F250 with over 260,000 miles on it.
    I also just added a programmer to it and a trick that when you put your high beams on it also keeps your low beans on WOW talk about bright and it cost me 1 buck :)

Before
    [​IMG]

After
    [​IMG]

2. blm86

blm86 Member

nice upgrade, it makes it look like a new truck.

3. New Heights

New Heights Senior Member

Looks great..What did that cost?

4. daninline

daninline Senior Member

Off the top of my head it was about 1200 for everything but I think they sell it as a kit now for less I just went with some factory parts.

It's cool to walk out to the truck and see that :)

5. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

damn you even did the 05-07 bumper nice . most guys don't they get the cut down model off ebay for 300 clams and call it good . IMO looks so much better with the grill not hacked down . thats they way ford should have done it 05-07 styling with 7.3 power plant :D

6. New Heights

New Heights Senior Member

What a deal, $1200 and you have a new truck! great job.

7. chs1993

chs1993 Senior Member

looks nice, just like a new truck

8. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

I've been wanting to do that to mine along with the suspension upgrade to.

9. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

What did you have to do to make the headlights work together like that? Was it a kit or just something you found in the wiring that you can do? I know i can get a kit for my truck for about 17 bucks but i would have to order it online, but, if i can jsut do a little bit of wiring on my own if it's easy enough, i'll go that route!! :) Any info would be great!

Truck looks brand new with that upgrade!! Awesome job!

10. daninline

daninline Senior Member

to make the head lights work like this all I had to do is use a diode.
    A diode will send power only one way so when my high beams are on it send power to my low beam relay to turn them on also.
    Also I put on a relay setup for the head lights you gain 1 volt power so it makes them brighter also.

I'll try to draw up something to make more sense today but it's simple

11. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

That would be awesome if you could do that!! Thanks so much!!

12. Jakkle5

Jakkle5 Member
    from Mass

Should have gone with the all chrome bumper. Either way its a night and day difference.:redbounce

13. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

Looks awsome! Where did you get the kit from?

14. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

nice what years does that cover

15. daninline

daninline Senior Member

I'm still working on a wiring drawing so it's going to be a few days work is crazy right now.
    You can do this to all the SuperDuty trucks from 1999 to 2004, as for the kit I'll have to find the place that was selling the whole kit. I'll post back soon.

Also they don't have a full chrome bumper but I am going to change the filler panel with a painted one soon.

16. daninline

daninline Senior Member

17. TLC Snow Div.

TLC Snow Div. Senior Member

Did you have to do any cutting to the plastic behind the lights and grille in order to make to new lights fit or did you get a new grille and head light mounting panel also?

I'd like to do the same think but was going to do everything except the bumper for now and i know you can buy headlights, grille and a wiring harness to make it all work. There also is a little bit of cutting needed to make to new lights fit properly if you don't get a new rear backing for the grille and lights to mount onto.

Looks very nice, what a difference.

18. daninline

daninline Senior Member

I got the new header panel it's only 100 bucks the head light kit I got was from a place in TX that sells factory head lights with the wiring harness for about $450 the grill was about 250 and we used all the factory bumper braces but if you got a front bumper take off it might have most of the brackets you need.

Thanks everyone I am very happy with how it came out. now I might add 2008 towing mirrors :D

19. TLC Snow Div.

TLC Snow Div. Senior Member

20. 92XT

92XT Senior Member

you forgot to install the '07 grill..............................