1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1999 F250 7.3L diesel

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by erkoehler, Feb 20, 2009.

1. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

Guys, I wasn't really looking for another truck but it seems like if you find a 7.3L diesel in good shape it is something to consider picking up.

What do you think a good price on this truck would be? 1999 F250 7.3L diesel w/ 84,000 miles. Options Include:

Air Conditioning
    Compact Disk
    Cassette
    Power Locks
    Power Windows
    ABS
    Power Steering
    Air Bag(s)
    Leather
    Hitch
    Slinding Rear Window
    Cruise Control
    Alloy Wheels
    Bed Liner
    Fog Lamps
    More

1.jpg

2. metallihockey88

metallihockey88 PlowSite.com Addict

been doin a lot of searching for basically that exact truck...13-15k would be a good price on that thing id say from what ive been seeing them priced at depending on it being at a dealer or private seller.

3. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

10k-13k

paid 16k for an 04 diesel with a new plow installed.

4. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Depends, does it have an oil pan?

Does the 'heat shield' i.e. TORQUE CONVERTOR need replacing?

J\K, nice looking truck, wish I would have bought that instead of my X cab.

I'd think 10-12K wouldn't be a bad price.

5. erkoehler

They are asking 12,999 for the truck........I'm thinking about offering 9k and seeing what happens.

6. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

its a nice truck. I am looking at a wrecked dirty max (duramax) locally. it is a salvage. I am thinking about checking it out to buy it. but if I were to keep the chevy I would still love my ford :)

7. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Where's it at?

Kinda looks like the south side of Dunne's building by the river.

8. erkoehler

YES!

It is not as good as I would have liked, there are quite a few scratches/dents on the truck.........rethinking what I am going to do.

9. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

He seems to have some pretty decent trucks there usually. Never looked up close but from the road they don't look to bad.

Make sure the oil pan isn't all rusted on it. They are notorious for that.

10. riverwalkland

riverwalkland Senior Member

Is that an X15 in your signature? I like the 14 myself One of my buddies has an X2, but most of my friends have malibu's now. Got one friend with a super air nautique. The square front mastercrafts have great seating but I can't get over the look of it.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2009
  11. erkoehler

Yes it is an x15........x14v is going to be a great boat.

12. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

id say 10 is a decent price. it looks real good though, I like that color combo.

13. erkoehler

There is rust around the passenger side wheel well at the top (paint is "bubbled" and flaking), tailgate is dented, there are several scratches on the body of the truck, and 3-5 dents in the truck that would require repainting. Also, the driver seat is worn and the leather is ripped in the edge by the door.

I am guessing $2,000 cosmetic damage on the truck. I like the colors, but not sure they are going to like my offer after seeing the damage. This storm will determine if I am going to pull the trigger and expand the "fleet".

payup

14. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

is your wife gonna plow now too? LOL

Ditch the chebby and get the ford, fix the dents, and put new leather seat cover on it. BTW it will cost much more than 2 grand to repair the dents, repaint, and replace the leather seat covers with new ones. Your looking at about 7 grand for all that work but thats a complete repaint of the truck which they would likely have to do anyway. it wont be easy trying to blend paint on a 10 year old dark colored metallic truck. Your better off replacing the tailgate and seat cover and letting the rest be.

15. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

yep, my buddy has an f450 in his shop right now with a bad oil pan, $90 bucks for the pan $800 to install, ford recomends pulling the engine to replace it, that run of bad pans was made in mexico..

16. erkoehler

Not married!

I'll find someone to run it IF I put a plow on it.

17. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

If you put an 810 or V on it you can always leave it in my driveway. I'll let ya know when the oil pan rusts or the cps stops working..

18. erkoehler

The next truck will have an 810 or 8611lp Blizzard if at all possible.

19. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Alright, ya it's fine if you leave it here then. :D

20. cocco78

cocco78 Senior Member

Nice truck, given the miles and condition you described probaly 10-12k for that max at a dealer... Rust bubbles over the rear wheel wells, means rusting from the inside out as usual. Easiest and cheapest way to fix for the long term would be new bedsides. You can weld in a patch panel but your still going to have rust through problems elsewhere then. It would suck to weld in a patch panel and repaint the bedside to have bubbles somewhere else next winter. With the bedside removed you can fix and the spots inside the walls of the bed that would cause more rust and treat with a rust preventative. I was quoted $1500 to do both bedsides on a 94 Ford longbed not to long ago for all this..