1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1999 Dodge Ram 2500 QuadCab Sport V10 $5500

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by plowguy43, Feb 15, 2012.

1. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Selling my 99 Ram 2500. I purchased the truck from an elderly gentlemen who was selling for his recently deceased brother. Truck was a sunday driver and it shows. Frame is SOLID, and very clean with barely any surface rust.

Has the V10 that is smooth as silk, Auto tranny shifts awesome, black leather interior (driver seat does have a rip that is being repaired), woodgrain dash (ooh ahh).

Truck has 118k miles

Recently Replaced Parts:
    - Front Rotors
    - Front Pads
    - Front Wheel Bearings (both)
    - Steering Gear Box
    - Pitman Arm
    - Tie Rod
    - Front Coil Springs (Progressive Rate Coils)
    - Front Shocks

What it needs:
    - Rust has started on the very bottom of both front doors
    - Rear Bumper - will be replaced within a week
    - Dent to driver bedside (soft dent/no scratches or paint missing hard to notice)

Previous owner was working under the truck and knocked it into neutral, it rolled over him and down his driveway hitting a fire hydrant damaging the rear bumper and driver bedside. As mentioned I'm replacing the bumper.

He also drove it for awhile on blown shocks which is why I replaced the coils and shocks. The front brakes were also warn, so to replace the rotors you need to remove the wheel bearings, I figured to just replace them making the repair easier and have new parts. The steering box/pitman arm/tie rod was my fault- backed into a tree hitting the front tire off it blowing out the old box. No body damage or other damage from that (wasn't even going 1mph).

Truck is in overall great shape and I searched for nearly 4 months looking for a truck of this year in this good of shape. Its very solid, has tons of power, and is a great riding truck. Plow is not included, nor is the cap - they can be negotiated if wanted.

I also have a 3" body lift and 2" coil spacers for this truck that can be included for additional cost.

Selling this truck and a 1997 F250 - whichever sells first, I will be keeping the other truck.

Thanks - $5500

v10 sale1.jpg

v10 sale2.jpg

v10 sale3.jpg

v10 sale4.jpg
  2. lawnangel1

lawnangel1 Member
    from KY

What is the price with the plow?
  3. plowguy43

Id sell both for $8000.
  4. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Do want but probably cant have. What is the fuel mileage like?

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

the v10's get a steady 10-11 mpg

On a side note i wish i needed another truck because i would pick this up in a heartbeat.
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2012
  6. plowguy43

Thanks guys, Goldpro is spot on. With the plow on and ballast I get about 11mpg. All of it off I can get 13-14mpg, but I'm easy on it. I don't drive it much so when I do I try to save gas as much as possible. Just used to plow (5 storms this year, I installed plow in October) and do dump runs.
  7. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

Your going to kick yourself in the a$$ when you sell it!
  8. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Can you post pictures of the bumper and the rust? I went and looked at a truck last night and it just doesn't seem to stack up against this one.
  9. plowguy43

I know I've been going back and forth in my mind like crazy. I'm actually considering swapping a Cummins into it if it doesn't sell...

Yes I can snap some tonight and post up in the morning or just PM me your email address and I'll send them to you. The door rust may be repaired next week by a body shop I work with. I need to run up there today and see if he can fit it in. As mentioned, the rear bumper will be replaced prior to the sale.
  10. plowguy43

Some pictures of the door's rust, rear panel dent, and rear bumper. The driver door has a "patch" that the previous owner did (gotta love home jobs). I talked with one of my shops and he should be able to fit this in next week.

Picture 458.jpg

Picture 459.jpg

Picture 461.jpg

Picture 462.jpg

Picture 460.jpg
  11. plowguy43

Sorry the truck is a mess right now, but I will clean it up this weekend for better pics.

Picture 464.jpg

Picture 463.jpg
  12. quigleysiding

quigleysiding PlowSite.com Addict

Is that a short bed?
  13. plowguy43

Yes it is.

Also to mention, the wheels are from my 04 with nearly new Goodyear Wrangler Authority's (265/70/17's). Maybe have 4,000 miles on them.
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2012
  14. wkahler

wkahler Senior Member

Those have to be the worst pictures i have ever seen LOL, quality is what i am refering to!!! That seems like a good deal even with the plow good luck!
  15. plowguy43

LOL yeah that's thanks to my crappy cell phone. I'm going to wash it up this weekend and take some with my camera.
  16. MrPLow2011

MrPLow2011 Senior Member
    from Boston

I have to admit thats a terribe patch job. I am pretty sure Keystone sell bottoms of the doors you can weld in. Then instead of trying to blend paint. Just use that Heavy Duty psint thats chip resistant. You can do rocker just as easy

But truck looks nice
  17. plowguy43

Yes its horrible. I have a body shop that's going to be replacing both skin bottoms and painting them. Hopefully he can keep the paint low and blend into the door but we'll see.
  18. plowguy43

Had a death in the family this weekend so I was unable to give it a wash for more pics but I snapped a few more of the interior this AM. Expecting 50 Degree weather in the next few days so I'll give it a bath then.

Picture 475.jpg

Picture 477.jpg

Picture 478.jpg
  19. djr623

djr623 Member

free bump! good luck with the sale, looks like a nice truck