1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1999 dodge ram 2500 4x4 OHIO

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by bigmudder77, Nov 4, 2009.

1. bigmudder77

bigmudder77 Senior Member
    from wooster

1998 dodge ram 2500 4x4 OHIO

SORRY I HIT THE 9 INSTEAD OF THE 8 AND COULDNT CHANGE IT THIS IS A 1998 NOT A 1999

this was a project truck that i was gonna fix up and put a plow on but plans changed so i dont need this any more it needs work before you can drive it on the road.

its a 1998 dodge ram 2500 4x4 auto with 121k on it tranny just had new fluid and a big after market cooler and new lines put on it. it also has new tires all i have done with them is drive around the yard and used it to push stuff on the trailer to scrap

now for the bad (well needing done yet)

it needs all new brake lines all the way around (i have 50ft of new brake line that goes with the truck)

it needs front pads and im sure rotors too (i have a set of good pads but you would need to get rotors)

needs a bed and tail gate (i have a pretty good shape red bed ill be throwing it but i dont have a tail gate)

needs tail lights (have 2 good tail lights that your getting as well)

needs rear bumper (have a chrome rear bumper im throwing in it has some rust on it but not bad and alot better than this one on it)

and i would change the u-joints the front axle fluid, rear axle fluid, engine oil, coolent, pretty much id change all the fluids but the tranny fluid

and i think it needs some steering parts not too sure though

it needs a gas tank strap which i have 2 good ones ill give you as well

and needs a clip for the back window to stay shut there like $10-15 on ebay

and it might need valve cover gaskets (which i have a brand new set of them)

it needs a battery the one that was in it was from a car (and its now junk) and the one i had lost a charge from sitting and i dont know if i can get it to hold a charge again or not

the truck might need some other things here and there its been a while since i really checked it out i have been working on and off with it all summer i changed the tranny fluid added a big cooler put a new 4x4 actuator on it (which i still need to run the lines alone the frame yet) and i think that was really all i did with it

but if you did read all that you will see its a pretty big project truck but wouldnt take long if you knew what you were doing and had the time to do the brakes you could even leave the bumper and bed the way it is and just bend the bed a little to get the tail light to fit in there and drive it the way it is since its gonna be winter soon and the salt eats these beds up

also this is no show truck it is rusty and would do good in the winter or for pulling trailers or plowing

asking $4000 obo

again this is a project truck not a get in and go right now truck

here is what kbb says its worth and you can see im cheaper and giving you alot of extra stuff to go with it

and i would hate to do this but if it dont sell i will be parting it out so if you need any thing pretty much any thing other than body parts let me know

http://www.kbb.com/KBB/UsedCars/Pri...ue|243304|true&Condition=Fair&QuizConditions=

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

here are all the pics that i have if you need more of any thing let me know

and i do have the head lights they will be back on the truck i just had to pull out the old wiring harness from the truck

might take part trades for a newer hitch mount salt spreader with wiring and controlls, skid steer, tractor with a bucket loader,

Last edited: Nov 4, 2009
  2. bigmudder77

from wooster

3. bigmudder77

from wooster

4. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Man...what happened to that thing?

5. bigmudder77

from wooster

bumper was a rusted pos bed some one cut the rust out and make it look like crap tail gate the latch dont work i should of took the tail lights out of it but i didnt

o and i used it to push junk cars on the trailer before i got my winch i was gonna change it all out any ways so didnt really care what i did to any thing back there just never got around to doing it and im plowing with some thing different this year and dont feel like having it sit for another year till i get time to work on it

6. bigmudder77

from wooster

bump any one interested

7. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

How about $1200?

8. bigmudder77

from wooster

i get more than that out of the axles when i part these trucks thanks any ways im willing to deal but im not giving it away cause i can part it like the rest i got sitting (i got 5 sitting getting parted now) and make the money that way this one is just too nice to start parting cause it runs, drives, and the 4x4 works and it would make some one a good truck but at the same time i can start parting it and make my asking price before winter is over and im giving about $500-700 worth of extras with this so that some one with more time and need for a truck can get it going i got 3 running driving and plated trucks right now and dont need to pay for gas, plates, and ins on a 4th

9. bigmudder77

from wooster

slam me all you want i part out these dodge trucks and i make $3000-5000 per truck that is a 4x4 about 1000-2000 if its 2 wheel drive and the 2002 and up 1500 i make about 6000-8000 2003 and up 2500 its the same as the 1500 trucks this style JUST PARTING OUT i made a little over $30,000 last year parting out just dodge trucks not counting all the other smaller stuff im in to

tell me its way over priced tell me its worth half that keep telling me what ever you want cause im the one that is making the money parting them i just picked up 3 more to part one blown motor rust free 2 wheel drive 2 blown trannys 4x4.

o and since i have made this post i have sold 1 tranny $800 1 2500 rear end $700 2 motors 5.9L $550 5.2L $500 1 blown 4.7L motor $300 1 front axle for a 1500 $400 1 bed rust free $600 4 doors 2 were rust free $200 each for the rust free ones and $100 each for the other 2 that had a little spot starting

do the math if your smart enough to add all them numbers up and you will see what i made in a weeks time do you make that much telling me what i should charge for this truck? didnt think so go back to your day job and shut your mouths unless you wanna buy it for more than i can get parting it

and some of you same people were telling me a plow i had was worth $50 that i sold for my full asking price of $300 so dont open up your mouths if you wanna hate on my prices cause i will get them one way or another and you will still be sitting there posting that peoples stuff isnt worth any thing sorry that you cant afford any thing but trash you find on the side of the road that not my fault that your poor and have nothing better to do

Last edited: Nov 9, 2009
  10. bigmudder77

from wooster

no these would be my prices

engine $600 tranny $800 tranny cooler stock $40 big aftermarket $75 axles $700 each rims and tires $500 center caps for the rims $75 dash $150 just for the top part radio $45 gauge cluster $45 dash bezel $125 seats front $100 back $50 rear window $100 rear side windows $40 transfer case $300 hood $100 head lights $45 each radiator $100 headliner $50 gas tank $75 fuel pump and harness $100 computer $150 drive shafts $50 for the rear $40 for the front fan shroud $40 front bumper $125 door glass $25 each side door pannels $50 each power window motors $25 each sun visiors $25 both head light switch $35 over drive/fog light switch $50 heater/ac controllers $50 glove box $35 air bags $150 for both

am i forgetting any thing?

o then scrap the rest for $300 at least just took a cab and fenders in and got $120 out of it

you do the math and even if a take some off for buying more than one thing i still make over the asking price and still keep all the extra stuff im throwing in with the truck to sell for even more

does any one want prices for all that stuff as well? or did i prove my point?

so if any one wants parts there is my prices or if you want it all the $4000 still stands

or if you want any parts let me know i just have 1994 and up parts

and if you and every one else dont think its worth that as a whole sorry that you sold your trucks so cheap and i just seen a 1998 just like this 160k same amount of rust just not dented in the back and it stopped but the brake lines were rusty and about to be done guy wanted $9000 obo

and just seen a 1995 1500 4x4 with 180 on it for $3000 same amount of rust but this is a reg cab short bed and the tires are 50%

so again dont tell me that $4000 is over priced when i have all the parts to get it on the road and then some to make it look better

11. jryden145

jryden145 Member

I would suggest parting it out then.

12. bigmudder77

from wooster

getting parted get your parts cause there selling fast

13. 04WhiteSport

04WhiteSport Senior Member

What do you have left from the above list? OR what have you sold off the list?

14. bigmudder77

from wooster

tranny gone after market cooler gone

rims and tires pending

some small crap from the inside that wasnt listed

and most of the parts are going on ebay today

o and for the extra stuff the brake parts are all gone lines, pads, rotors, the gas tank straps are gone, the tail lights are gone, the rear bumper is gone,

so still have the bigger stuff for now

15. wls

wls Senior Member

how about a door for a 94 reg cab, drivers side.

16. bigmudder77

from wooster

tried to pm you but it froze and wouldnt send i have one but im trying to sell that truck whole it has one small spot starting at the bottom if i part it the door would be $175 but its got manual windows in it

or i got another door that was beat on the bottom and cut that id sell for $20 pretty much what the power window motor is worth cause the door isnt worth much beat up and cut at the bottom inside

17. wls

wls Senior Member

Thanks, I'm looking for a decent shape one, electric. the metal around the latch area is all broke. If you ever come across one, let me know. Thanks

18. bigmudder77

from wooster

ya i get them in from time to time but if there good they dont last long one thing about dodge is that there parts rust out pretty fast and any one that wants a nice looking trucks buys the rust free stuff like crazy but ill keep your info and try to let you have first dibs if i get any thing good in here soon

19. wls

wls Senior Member

They sure do rust alot. OK thanks

20. MahonLawnCare

MahonLawnCare Senior Member
    from Ohio

what size tires on on that?