1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1999 Dodge Ext Cab - can't get plow?

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by canoebuildah, Nov 25, 2007.

1. canoebuildah

canoebuildah Senior Member

I am trying to help a friend get a plow for his 1999 Dodge 1500 Ext Cab (not quad). The only manufacturer I have found is Sno-way that designed a plow to fit his truck. No luck with Blizzard, Fisher (even Homesteader), Boss, Western, or Meyer/Diamond.

What is deal with this truck? Does it have some type of known frame issue?

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

It's not a frame defect.. it's just that most of the plows will exceed the front axle weight capacity as per Dodge's specs, so most dealers won't install one.

Don't want a Snoway?

3. canoebuildah

canoebuildah Senior Member

It's not that he won't get a Sno-way but a choice would have been nice. He should be happy that Sno0way is around or he would be shoveling.

4. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I've seen a ton of 1500 ext cabs with plows. Use a ton of ballast and remember, Dodge figures that you are going to have 6 people riding in the truck at all times :rolleyes:

5. Dailylc

Dailylc Senior Member

I run a Western ultramount proplow 7'6" on my 99' Dodge Ram 1500. It's been on the truck for 3 yrs now. Just make sure you have the ballast in the back. Works just fine. All I do is commercial work, so it gets a good workout.

6. MIDTOWNPC

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

I have an 8ft western ultra mount on my 2001 cummins turbo diesel extended cab 4x4 sport. I also have a 99 but no plow. I am sure they are the same truck.

HPIM1403.jpg

7. MIDTOWNPC

I am sorry I just realised you are talking about a 1500 truck. My Bad.

8. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Nice equipment Midtown :nod:

9. MIDTOWNPC

thanks! I got a nice blade rigged up on the bobcat now.

I have a 2003 dodge same as yours only red. Just bought a stainless exhaust for it and a hypertech chip. you got any goodies on yours?

On the 1500 topic, I have found that alot of plow dealers will not install certain things cause they want to cover their buts. What about looking around on the internet for trucks forsale like yours with blades, that might give you an idea of what you can run.
    I will see if I can dig anything up for you online also.

10. RedBeaverEater

RedBeaverEater Junior Member

i have a poly western with nothing in the back.... it only weighs 300

11. DAFFMOBILEWASH

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

With a 1500 dodge the choises are slim to none. Although look at the plow weights when looking a the new blade. For every pound you can save from the front the longer front end parts will last. Snoway makes good stuff and to DP is a real time saver. Lets face it a 1500 series truck has its limitations but it somtimes makes the most economic sence. Good Luck.

DAFF