1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1999 Dodge Dakota

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by Chevy05, Jul 6, 2005.

1. Chevy05

Chevy05 Member

Hey guys i found a 1999 Dodge Dakota Reg. Cab with 65,000 miles... NO power windows, or locks basic truck.... askin $5959.00...Just lookin for opinions... THanks, Ryan

I would post pics but i dont know how..can anyone help me?..Thxs...Ryan

2. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

NADA lists trade in at (assumeing v6) 4800 and avg retail (in my area) at 6500 so that's not bad for here. Look it up on the Nada site or Kelly blue book for your area.

Depends what you want it for depends if that's a good truck for you. Price is not bad but depends on condition too. With the gas milage they get you're almost better off getting a 1500.

3. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

I had a 98dak, reg cab, bone stock, 80k miles I think, manual windows and looks, v6, 2wd. great condition, just needed brakes and a battery. I sold that for 3500...

if its a v8 4x4, I'd offer him 5000

Last edited: Jul 7, 2005
  4. zBonneville

zBonneville Junior Member

dakota's and plowing?

are you planning to plow with this? How would it hold up? (50-60 drives per storm) I am looking at something similar due to the fact that I just got rid of my '96 chevy 1500 that I used to plow residential and light commercial with. however i am partial to dodge trucks so post your opinion about them please.

thanks

zach

5. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

I don't think too well- you should be looking for a 3/4 ton for that kind of commercial plowing.

6. PremierLand

from detroit

I think it'd hold up.... I might be getting another truck to have another truck to sub out. Im thinking maybe a dakota, or jeep. but I have until october to figure it out

7. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

Seriously, that's like trying to plow commercial Mall parking lots with an S-10. Bad idea.

8. PremierLand

from detroit

except the dakota has alot more balls then an s10... mall parking lots, I wouldnt do with a dakota... but i'd do drives. If i get more plow accounts this year (more than 40) (im at 25 so far), Im either buying another truck, or jeep. if its a truck its gonna be a small ext cab.

9. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

I plow 30 accounts with a single truck each season....my neighbor plows 50 with a single truck....

a Dakota May have more balls than an S10, but not enough to be used as a commercial plow truck. You're going to wear it out in no time.

10. lumps

lumps Senior Member

i had a dodge dakota. '94, v8, 4x4, ext cab, etc. that truck had a plow put on when it was new. i bought it around 2000. plowed with it (residential accounts and occasionally larger) for a couple years, then sold it. it had over 200k miles when i sold it, had plowed in upstate NY it's whole life, and was still running strong. you can't beat it like it's a one ton, but as long as you know what you're doing, they can hold up.