1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1999 Chevy Tahoe

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by kegz_lawn, Jan 3, 2009.

1. kegz_lawn

kegz_lawn Junior Member

I am only sixteen, and once i get my Eagle Scout ( in about 6 months) my dad is going to give me his 1999 Chevy Tahoe 4x4.Will this work good for plowing snow, i want to know if it is big enough to handle a fair amount of snow. It has a 350, (thats 5.7 L). Dose any one use a Tahoe or suburban. I think i would need a light weight plow, could i use a mid-weight. Any specific brand. Please post any pics if you are using a Tahoe of Suburban, Thanks

2. mr.muddmotors

mr.muddmotors Junior Member

how much is a fair amount? depending on how much snow you plan to push with it will determine what type of plow to use and whether the truck will hold up to it.

3. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Search Tahoe. There's a few recent threads. Fisher 7.5 light duty, or equivilant, would be my recommendation. The Tahoe will rule in small driveways.

4. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

I just installed a 7.5ft. fisher RD MM2 on a 2005 Tahoe. We had to do some suspension work to make it handle the weight as it sagged quite a bit. I definitely would have put a higher load range tire than what was on it tool, that would have helped a bit. So, you could put that plow on your tahoe, just don't beat on it real hard and take good care of it!

PM me if you have any specific questions at all! =] happy to help!