1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1999 Chevy Suspension Improvements

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by NeverTooLate, Nov 18, 2005.

1. NeverTooLate

NeverTooLate Junior Member

In searching for a durable plow truck I read that in 1999 Chevy rolled out heavier duty front suspension components for the 1500, 2500 and 3500 trucks. GMC trucks did the same one year later in 2000. The implication was each model moved up a class in equipment size to satisfy customer complaints of premature equipment failures, compared to Ford & Dodge.

My questions are can anyone verify that indeed the front suspension components were: 1) upgraded (larger, heavier) that year?, 2) they increased suspension durability?, and 3) the improvements were significant?

If the answers are positive, then the 1999 (and later) Chevy's is where I will focus my search for a used truck. If not, then it was just hype.

2. lorentzlawnsnow

lorentzlawnsnow Senior Member

would make sense as i believe that is when the 2500 hd went from 8600 gvw to 9200 but not sure
  3. westwind

westwind Member

We own a 1999 and some newer. It does seem that the suspension was beefed up, bigger shocks, and an extra leaf. Still put airbags in front and rear, however.