1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1999 Chevy 4x4 1 Ton Dually *48k Miles*

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by EaTmYtAiLpIpEs, Nov 5, 2009.

1. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

My buddy Mike is selling one of his trucks. I can tell ya what I know about it. It is a 1999 Chevy 4x4 1 Ton Dually. It has a 5.7 350 engine in it with only 48,000 miles on it. It has the heavy duty trans in it. It runs great and shifts great also. The tires are all very good in it. It has some minor rust on the bottoms of the doors. And the truck has a flat bed as you can see and it needs the one side as seen in the picture. It can be repaired. Or you can remove the flatbed and put a dump bed on it and have a nice 4x4 dump truck. The truck has the mounts on it for a western plow but it doesnt have the wiring or the control. He is looking to get $5,300 for it. If you are interested it can be seen in Broadalbin, NY. If you would like to pm me with any questions.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

3. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

bump.... make offers

4. Fatality

Fatality Senior Member

if only this were closer to me :(

5. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

Maybe try resizing your photos Lj... Haha :)

Good luck with the sale.

6. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

haha me and him had a dealer plate this week for it and he told me to take it for a ride and it drove really good. would make a good plow rig. throw a salter on the back put a plow up front and be good to go.

7. carl b

carl b PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

On post #2 It looks like the frame is broke. behind the cab . Is it rotted ?

8. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

No the frame is not broke or rotten. That is a piece of undercoating still on there which makes it look like it has a hole in it.

9. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

............bump..............

10. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

price reduced

price reduced $4,500

11. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

ask him if he wants to trade for my 95 3500hd dump

12. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

shoot me some pics and a quick description to my email ljac500@yahoo.com

13. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

what happined to the side of the bed??

14. DieselSlug

DieselSlug PlowSite.com Addict

Looks like some rust took over it and they cut it?

15. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

yes thats what I think they did.

16. danknight163

danknight163 Member

well i look out for my friends on this plow site and there a is a reason why it's been on gregslist for over month

17. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

No one has even come to look at it. Price way too high like I told him. My buddy has a guy comming today to look at it and one tonight.

18. ddlawncare

ddlawncare Junior Member

is 4500 the best your buddy will do.

19. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

If it runs and drives good, your buddy should maybe throw a couple hundred bucks into cleaning it up...maybe a few cans of undercoating and black paint, maybe fix the bed. Would prob. sell a heck of a lot faster if it looks good. The price isnt too far out of wack, providing it runs and drives good.

20. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

He said the best he can do is $4,300 on it. he drove it from albany ny, to broadalbin ny. about 60 miles then he drove it around town for a day or so. Thing ran and drove great. Tranny shifted very smooth. It is a very good work truck. if anyone knows about the 350 engine with the turbo auto trans. it is a very good combo to have.