1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1999 Chevy 2500

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by MikeRi24, Jul 19, 2016.

1. MikeRi24

MikeRi24 Senior Member

1999 Chevrolet K2500 4x4, 125,000 miles, has 7.4 Vortec 454 V8, has A/C (needs to be charged), cruise control, CD player, push button 4x4, bucket seats, newer GM towing mirrors, trailer brake controller, etc.

The truck was originally maroon, but I had it painted several years ago to match the rest of my trucks. It was painted by a body shop, NOT by my buddy's cousin in his barn.......the paint is holding up VERY well and the only way you can tell it used to be maroon is under the hood and 1 spot under the tailgate. The rest of the body is in fair condition. The drivers side rocker panel is in rough shape, and the cab corner isn't great. There is a small hole starting in the driver's side floor under the mat about the size of a golf ball. The passenger side rocker is solid, as is the floor and the cab corner is starting to bubble. The doors are OK starting to rust a little on the bottoms. The bed and front fenders are great, no bubbles and no bondo. The interior is in good shape, the truck had bucket seats installed at some point, and are in good shape with no rips or tears.

Mechanically, the truck is very sound. The motor runs great and has always been maintained. Within the last year the truck has had new exhaust manifolds, all new fuel lines, new brake lines, new power steering cooler, plugs and wires, and some smaller things I'm probably forgetting. The truck had a new transmission built and installed by a reputable shop in the spring of 2015 and probably has less than 5,000 miles on it. I have the paperwork to show since thats a huge deal to people. The truck also has Goodyear Wrangler Kevlar tires which were put on around the same time as the transmission so they also have around 5k on them. All of the front end components are tight and it drives straight down the road.

This truck was used for landscaping and snow plowing, I'm not going to lie and say "oh it was our backup truck and we used it once in a while and an old man owned it before us and babied it blah blah blah." We don't put a ton of miles on it but the truck was worked....NOT BEAT. It has been very well maintained and well cared for. If you are looking for a mint condition old body style chevy, keep looking. It leaks a little bit of oil, I top it off when the fluids are checked every week and I've been topping it off with the same quart for the last 6 months so its not terrible but if you park it in the same spot all the time you'll notice it. Again, it's a 17 year old truck and it's not perfect. This will be a great work truck for someone and has plenty of life left in it. It's been great for plowing driveways because of how small it is compared to the size of newer trucks.

The dump insert is NOT INCLUDED however it can be negotiated into the deal. The truck currently has a Boss plow frame and wiring on it, which will stay with it. There is a good condition Boss 8'2" poly V-plow available for the truck, again NOT INCLUDED but can be purchased at an extra price.

I'm only selling it because I'm upgrading to a newer one. Plain and simple. I don't NEED to sell it, it has value to me and my company and if I don't get any reasonable offers then I have no problem keeping it around as a spare. That said, DO NOT waste my time, do not contact me with lowball offers. I believe I have covered all of the basics, if you have a question that I have not addressed, please feel free to contact me. IT IS BEST TO CALL OR TEXT ME RATHER THAN POST HERE OR SEND ME A MESSAGE BECAUSE I DON'T GET ON HERE MUCH IN THE SUMMER. (716) 352-9011 Price is $4,800