1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1999-2000 f 250 7.3 L fuel consumption ?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by MImowerkid, Mar 13, 2005.

1. MImowerkid

MImowerkid Junior Member

o.k. so what does everybody get when plowing , on highway or in city driving also towing say 5000 lbs? thanks for the info!
  2. wstwind

wstwind Senior Member

never kept track of mileage while plowing. :dizzy: :dizzy:
  3. Ggg6

Ggg6 Senior Member
    from IL

I have a 2000,F-350,PSD,RC,LWB,4x4,Auto,stock size tires, 3.73:1 gears, 4 position chip (usually on 100hp setting), 4" exhaust from the turbo all the way back, Tymar intake, about 800# of "stuff" in the bed for weight, 115k mi. I get around 13mpg while plowing, 15 city and beating on it, 17+ hwy. These figures are on winter fuel only, summer fuel gets better mpg. I have not owned the truck in the summer yet. As far as towing goes I have not towed much with this truck yet. But from my experience with other diesels 5000# is not a lot for these trucks so I would expect about 1 mpg loss. But what also makes a difference is the size of the load, ie. does it have a large frontal area so it catches the wind a lot, and how fast you are going.
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2005