1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1999 & 2000 F-150 Lift/Suspension Upgrade

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by lawnprolawns, Nov 5, 2008.

1. lawnprolawns

lawnprolawns Senior Member

Hey guys. I have a 1999 F-150 2WD reg. cab 8' bed work truck and a 2000 F-150 4X4 reg. cab. 8' bed work truck.

I might be getting a plow for the 4X4 this winter to do some driveways and some other smaller stuff. I want to beef up both the front and back of both these trucks, though I wont be using the 1999 2WD for plowing. (It pulls our lawn equipment around all year)

What are options for the front and back? Add a leaf? spacers? air bags?

What have all of you guys done?
  2. jdo150

jdo150 Member

Well for the 2wd and 4wd you could replace the leaf springs with a set of ones of a 7700 (thats the heavy duty F150) I am going to add a set to mine soon because I tow my landscape trailor with my 150 And for the 4wd you could also put 7700 torsion bars. Timbrins would also be another way that you could go. The thing to remember is that the truck still cant haul or tow more then it is rated for even with beefed up springs the axels and such won't be able to deal with the extra weight.