1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1998 Toyota Tacoma

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ToyotaPusher, Jan 19, 2004.

1. ToyotaPusher

ToyotaPusher Junior Member

I have a 1998 Toyota Tacoma with a 6' 8" Fisher. Pushes residential driveways like there is no tomorrow. Front springs have started to compress a bit when plow is in up position. Anyone have a fix outside of new springs? Air bags or shocks? I have searched the net and not really found anything decisive....Thanks.

2. JMR

JMR Senior Member

Try timbrens. I don't know if they make them for this application. All you can do is look.

3. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

TIMBRENS!
    Tacomas are good plow trucks used one to plow a few times.

4. ToyotaPusher

Thanks! What a great site....

5. cja1987

the truck will normally sag when plow is up. Not saying that you dont know what your doing but do you drop the plow when you are parked this takes alot of stress of the front end. Also do you have ballest in the bed of the truck? Timbrens are great. I have them on my F-150 with out them truck dropped about 2.5" when plow was up now drops about 1/8" when up. huge difference and no noticeable sag.

6. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

With a small truck like that, the front end is bound to get worn out. Try new springs, timbrens, and some sort of ballast.

7. cja1987

like boss said plowing is lots of stress on the front end large truck or small truck. tacomas will carry the size plow you have fine has long as you add some timbrens if possible and be smart about plowing. Another thing thats good to do is take the plow off when ever its not snowing carry it as little as possible. If this is something you alredy do don't mind me;)

8. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Another thing I do before I go out to plow is soak the blade with WD40. It may look like I haven't used the plow when I'm done but it keeps the snow from piling up and sticking to it which equals less weight and stress on the front end.:nod:

9. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

ever think of installing some bilstien shocks there really tough with timbrens

10. ToyotaPusher

I really appreciate all the comments. I do lower the plow whenever I stop, and it comes off when plowing is down. As for ballast, I use a few solid cinder blocks and it does level it pretty well.

I called Timbrens after reading this thread the first time. I think that may be my answer. Checking with my mechanic today.

Thanks again....