1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1998 ram 2500 v- 10

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by cclandscape 28, Mar 17, 2011.

1. cclandscape 28

cclandscape 28 Member
    from CT

Hey guys My 1500 ram with a 318 finally died and iam looking at a 2500 with the v-10 engine
    How are these motors ? Any input would be great

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

Very thirsty!!
  3. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

From what I've been told by an owner, very powerful- you'll be passing 80 before you know it, but you will be stopping at every gas station along the way. I'd take that over a v8 since the power/torque is there with the Diesel and the MPG is not much different in reality from the 360 in the 2500. Keep in mind the 2500 is a much heavier truck than the 1500- it will use more fuel right off the bat from that alone.
  4. TerenziSnowRem

TerenziSnowRem Junior Member

Have plowed with one for the past 2 years. Great power but very thirsty on fuel. I can sometimes watch the gas needle go down and thats on a 35 gallon tank!
  5. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Kind of hard to find used parts for should you ever need them. Poor fuel mileage but the power makes it half way justifiable. Mileage isnt any worse than a BBC of BBF. I would buy one for the right price Thumbs Up.