1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1998 Ram 1500

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by Kollerman, Oct 4, 2009.

1. Kollerman

Kollerman Senior Member

Hey Guys,

Gotta question for you. I know nothing about the Dodge trucks. I ran across this ad tonight on Craigslist:

http://greenbay.craigslist.org/cto/1405274949.html

I emailed the guy and he responded saying that he is asking $9500 for the truck and plow. He said,

"Plow was put on in 2002. My dad bought the truck in 2003 w/ under 42K miles on it. He passed away earlier this yr & truck had under 44K on it then. Now has 44,500mi. Truck was always garaged. plow is in excellent condition. Truck has 5.2 L (318cu in ) V-8 & Automatic trans."

I am contemplating looking at this truck, but want to know if this is something that would be smart or not. Would this 7'6" V beaten the front end of the truck? I also know from my cousin who drove a dodge 1500 before, that the tranny isn't good on these trucks. I think he had to get his repaired twice, and then he finally traded it in.

Jeremy

Last edited: Oct 4, 2009
  2. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Seems like he is asking a bit much IMO. I would also assume that since it has such low miles it was probably strickly a plow truck and has had the crap kicked out of it. It may look OK but problems could be waiting.

A 7.5 v plow would be fine. That is my opinion and I know a lot of people on here will say its too much but... Many people do it

Last edited: Oct 4, 2009
  3. QKSnowRemoval

QKSnowRemoval Senior Member

dodge transmissions are hit and miss some are good some are not it just depends on the luck of the draw

4. 2TallDB

2TallDB Junior Member

My 1998 Dodge ram 1500 sport has close to 200,000 miles on it. It still runs and this year im forced to put a 8 foot western plow on it.

5. QKSnowRemoval

QKSnowRemoval Senior Member

nice is that the original trans?

6. 2TallDB

2TallDB Junior Member

as far as i know it still has original motor, trans, and rear end. The only thing is the front end has been replaced a few times