1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1998 Mini Truck 4x4

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Badgerland WI, Dec 9, 2008.

1. Badgerland WI

Badgerland WI Senior Member

Just recently finished the plow installation on this 1998 Suzuki Carry 4x4 Mini Truck. She did well in 10"+ of very heavy, wet snow we received overnight & today here in SE Wisconsin. :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

god those are so aweosme.

3. twgranger

twgranger Senior Member
    from .

haha theres one down the road from me, even the same color.

4. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

they are popular with schools some states you have to register them as construction equipment

5. speedy

speedy Senior Member

6. SnowPro93

SnowPro93 Senior Member

3 words. ! WANT ONE! that thing is friggin sweet!

7. jimaug87

jimaug87 Senior Member

8. snow tender

snow tender Senior Member

That thing looks cool, you sure get a up close view Wow!!!!

9. apik1

apik1 Senior Member

Where is the rest of the video? I wanted to see if that truck could break throught the snow pile.

10. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

Whats the story on the plow? What size and did you buy it or make it? The truck is awesome and would you recommend it to do driveways?

11. SD-Dave

SD-Dave Senior Member
    from Vermont

very cool...I have a 2003 Mitsu Kei Truck....4WD auto trans...nice shape...

what brand of plow do you have...does their mount fit up easily...what mods etc.

Dave

12. vincent

vincent Senior Member

Just think, we will all be plowing with those some day.

Those are cool though.

13. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

Sweet truck

is it street legal?

14. Rangerman

Rangerman Senior Member

awesome setup!! Is it deisel or gas.

15. Badgerland WI

Badgerland WI Senior Member

Thanks for the responses folks. I'll try to answer everyone here in one swipe.

Most of the imported mini trucks or "Kei" trucks end-up being white from the manufacturer because they are one of those most common service trucks in Japan. Every once in awhile we stumble across a different color that comes through. If someone ever wants a different color, we can always have the body shop shoot it or do a camo-wrap.

VERY popular with any business having a larger property to maintain (campuses, golf courses, industrial complexes, etc). Mini trucks are street legal in several states across the U.S. and all of Canada (with minor modifications in CN). In the other states, there are no laws on the books for this class of vehicle, so they are considered off-road as a UTV.

You found that quick Speedy! (no pun intended) I agree that a salter would be PERECT in the bed, or a rear receiver-mount for quick on/off. We regularly mount front & rear 2" receivers for accessories. I agree that the lift speed on the actuator is a little slow, but you just cant find a better turn-key plow package with 500lbs of down-force available. Longer term, I want to start working on a snow-blower attachment... that would be the "cats meow"!

Thanks Jim.
    We bolted-on a set of Trax and motored right over that pile! ;) J/K On the driveway pictured, I never had any intention of trying to move that pile any further with the truck. Because of space limitations, we simply blew the snow in to the spot we wanted it. I'm quite sure I could've punched through the pile if I wanted to.

Chris & Dave...
    The plow on the truck is a Black Line 72" (manual angle model). All Black Line plows we offer are power-up/power-down standard. Black Line offers a commercial-duty Power angle option that gives you full remote, in-cab function. The plows hooks-up to a front mount 2" receiver for quick and easy disconnects which are available separately. The trucks are awesome for doing driveways... smaller size, tight turning radius, great field of vision...and a heated cab! I've plowed with an ATV - they are a great option. But I'll take sitting in a toasty cab any day of the week to do the same work.
    Other than the plow, this truck has only a 2" lift installed (can bolt-on 23" aggressive ATV wheels/tires).

Dave...sounds like a good one! Mitsu's are my second favorite behind Zuki's. Get a plow on that lil work-horse!

Thanks Supper Grassy.
    You can view the state laws individually here: http://www.iihs.org/laws/minitrucks.aspx

Thanks Rangerman.
    All of the mini trucks we deal with are gas. The trucks get about 40-50 mpg across the board and absolutely sip gas at lower speeds/idling. This is one of their great benefits.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2008
  16. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

i am going to have to show this to a freind of mine who is looking for a new side walk unit i know in ct you can get some special plates for it

17. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

Awesome, can it stack snow at all? If it not to much trouble would you mind making a video of it stacking snow? I'm looking into buying another piece of equipment for driveways and am very interested in one of those....