1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1998 K3500 4x4

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Puller504, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Puller504

Puller504 Junior Member

Last Thursday the frame broke on my trusty 1986 K20 Silverado while plowing. It's now not worth fixing. (Pitted swiss cheese frame syndrome). I'm going to look at a 1998 K3500 one ton with a meyer plow. 350 engine, overdrive auto, AC, 76,000 original miles. Guy says he needs $9995 to part with it, OK price? I'll test drive it tomorrow. Is the snowplow OK for a one ton Chevy? I have the IFS on my 1997 Blazer and I like it. I can't afford a Super Duty Ford and I won't drive a Dodge. Thanks for any opinions/comments on the Chevy one ton in advance. Don
  2. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Doesnt sound too bad. Is it a crew, extended, or regular cab? And is it fully loaded or just a base work truck? The Meyer will be fine, just Im not too fond of them anymore even though I own one. 76,000 miles is not alot for that truck. Try out kelly blue book, kbb.com, and see what price it lists for this truck.
  3. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

another place to look is www.nadaguides.com I bought a 98 SRW k3500 with 165000 almost 2 years ago for 5500.00 No plow on it(I would rather buy used without a plow), figured I could replace engine a trans and still have good deal...
  4. dodgeguy99

dodgeguy99 Senior Member
    from mn

i think its a preety good price if its in good condition i have plowed with a 1998 K3500 454 and it is by far my fav plow truck but i think that is due to the 454
  5. Gmgbo

Gmgbo Senior Member

Where did the frame break, driver side behind the cab? Can you post pics?
  6. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

I have a '97 K3500 crew 4x4, runs like new, all maintenance kept up like a nut and still has a shine to the paint, etc. etc. I'll be asking 10-11.5 this spring for it. It's been a plowing champ and reliable to no end. So, if they have kept that truck up to snuff then it's not a bad price but, not many people do.
  7. Puller504

Puller504 Junior Member

Saturday morning I'm buying the 1998 K3500 Chevy! Regular cab, 350, Cheyenne package and 7.5' Meyer snowplow for $10K. 76,000 original one-owner miles and my 5th wheel plate from my old truck will fit! Thanks for the comments, the 4x4 is CHERRY! Now, about making those darn payments,,,,,,, Don
  8. Joshjeepcj7

Joshjeepcj7 Member

sounds like a fiar price for the truck with a plow i bought a 97 gmc 2500 w/ 59k on it a year ago for 8000 but not with a plow i am happy with the truck runs good