1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1998 k2500 rust repair/paint

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Onebadbowtie86, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Onebadbowtie86

Onebadbowtie86 Senior Member

Getting the ol' girl ready for hopefully a good year of pushing snow. I redid the truck about 4 years ago, with a new box and tailgate, and cab corners but fixed the door bottoms and didn't replace the rockers because it didn't need it. The rockers ended up rusting from the inside out so they got complete replacements, and I scored some rust free oem doors of cl. Just painted the bottoms of front fenders, rockers, cab corners and the doors and wheeled out the rest of the truck. Heres some pics. I also updated from my 2003 8'2" boss v plow to a 1 year old 8'2" vxt for this year.

2. Onebadbowtie86

3. buttaluv

buttaluv Member

That is dead sexy!
  4. secret_weapon

secret_weapon Senior Member

What are the doo hicky majiggies hanging out in the rear, under hitch? Are they for rear plow?
    Looks sweet too! Very nice lookin truck!
  5. Onebadbowtie86

Thank you. Yes those brackets are for the daniels back blade.
  6. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

Now the truck is too nice 4 a plow. Great Work !!!!
  7. TMLGC

TMLGC Senior Member

That is real nice how many miles on the engine and tranny?
  8. Onebadbowtie86

Truck has 182k, replaced the engine last fall with a clean low mileage 5.7 vortec that has 72k miles now, transmission is original and the transfer case and rear axle I just replaced have 130k on them. I was chasing a vibration issue and thought it was my transfer case, and it wasnt. same goes for the rear axle. I did Upgrade from the 9.5" 14 bolt to the 10.5" 14 bolt and had anew driveshaft made. Turns out the driveshaft was where my vibration was coming from.
  9. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

The truck looks like new. I love the look of the OBS GMs with those wheels.
  10. FF/P215

FF/P215 Senior Member
    from 01085

Makes me re-think my '96 and want to put some money into it.. Nice work man!
  11. Onebadbowtie86

Thank every one, shes a good old work truck. Here she is when I brought here home, after sitting for over a year with a blown transfer case. The truck was in rough shape mechanically and cosmetically, But I got her dirt cheap and fixed everything wrong except the A/C. Thats next on the list though....
  12. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

you wont need ac anytime soon, so you got all winter to fix it.
  13. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

real nice looking truck i like the maroon
  14. DieselSlug

DieselSlug PlowSite.com Addict

Gorgeous obs.
  15. johnhenry1933

johnhenry1933 Senior Member

Nice work. I have an '04 Ram 2500 and noticed some surface rust on the frame and underbody. I'm going to grind/sand/prime and paint it next week so it doesn't get out of hand (should be a short day's work).
  16. chevyman51

chevyman51 Senior Member

Man I wish I had the nerve to do that to my 98 it need cab corners, rockers, doors, and a bed
  17. pipelayer

pipelayer Senior Member
    from CT

looks awesome man