1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1998 k2500 8600 5.7 Heated Mirror's Option

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by golfmanres, Feb 10, 2010.

1. golfmanres

golfmanres Senior Member

Is there any option to put heated mirrors on after market, for a Chevy k2500 8600gvwr 5.7v8?

2. aaronlampi

aaronlampi Junior Member
    from 55445

cipa magna mirrors for 90 -2000 obs part number is 705000 look on amazon thats where I got mine

3. golfmanres

golfmanres Senior Member

Amazon. This is all i can find not sure if this is the right pair.

4. golfmanres

golfmanres Senior Member

I found them: Mirrors

Where do you wire the switch to? does it come complete with wiring and switch?

5. aaronlampi

aaronlampi Junior Member
    from 55445

from what i understand they are plug in play

6. golfmanres

golfmanres Senior Member

What about if my turck does not have the power for it already. I am not replacing it directly but i am adding it to the truck.

Thoughts?

7. aaronlampi

aaronlampi Junior Member
    from 55445

so does your truck have power mirrors now?if so they should be plug n play.if your truck doesn't have power mirrors you need to find a harness from a junk yard.you also can contact cipa directly to get more info good luck Aaron

8. golfmanres

golfmanres Senior Member

My turck does not. I also contacted CIPA and the said they dont make a harness. Oh well i guess im up the creek. Ill try the junk yards

9. golfmanres

golfmanres Senior Member

Odd question. Is the heat on all the time? or is there a seperate switch for it?

10. golfmanres

golfmanres Senior Member

Does any one know if this truck is wired for the mirrors already?

11. aaronlampi

aaronlampi Junior Member
    from 55445

take door panel off and look to see if a wire harness is in there pull the top left corner piece and pull the foam and look for the harness good luck

12. golfmanres

golfmanres Senior Member

Aaron,
    would you mind taking a picture of where the stock mirror switch is located!
    Thank you