1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1998 gmc sierra 2500 plow

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by jxt035, Jun 25, 2009.

1. jxt035

jxt035 Junior Member

Hello, I am thinking about trying to mount a hydraulic plow on my truck. it is a 1998 gmc sierra 2500 with a 350 motor. I was wondering if anyone has installed one on this type of truck and where did they put the pump and the cable operated hydraulic controls? thank you in advance

2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Its pretty tight in there. Any reason you're opposed to an electric pump? What brand of plow?

3. jxt035

jxt035 Junior Member

to be completely honest it's because i'll only be plowing my own driveway, more of a hobby than anything and i'm just trying to keep the cost down. I currently have an atv with a plow on it and i haven't had a storm yet that i couldn't plow. The plow i'm looking at is an old minute mount. I was also wondering, all the electronics on my truck are mounted a few inches above the fender, how tall/wide roughly is the hydraulic control? I was wondering if i could mount it under the electronics. and how hard is the hydraulic pump to turn when plowing? I'm trying to figure out how strong of a bracket i would need for it. thanks again.