1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1998 GMC 2500 HD with MM2 8' HD Fisher

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by ksland, Dec 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ksland

ksland Senior Member
    from ma

Plow is one season old, just about ready to add a cutting edge to the factory wear bar. Its a Fisher MM2 8' Heavy Duty plow with Fishstik controller.

Truck is turn key, 185K, Very well maintained. No leaks, ticks, smoke etc of any type. 4L80E HD transmission just flushed and filtered for the plowing season. Tires are about 70% left, brakes etc all great.

8600 GVW, plow prep, A/C, Auto. 5.7L Vortec gas

Truck is very clean and rust free, does have a couple minor dents. Never plowed yet, just put the plow on this summer.

Excellent truck, with an almost new plow $7000 cash firm, will NOT seperate. Located in Buzzards Bay, MA 02532

DSC02335.jpg

DSC02337.jpg

Last edited: Dec 2, 2009
  2. 02powerstroke

02powerstroke PlowSite.com Addict

I knew before I read the description that was water wizz in the back ground lol

3. ksland

ksland Senior Member
    from ma

Good call!!

4. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

drivetrain all original?

5. ksland

ksland Senior Member
    from ma

As far as I know, im the second owner.... original owner was a builder.

But I will tell you there are no flaws or leaks at all in the whole driveline, and all the fluids have been changed regularly and are fresh now for plowing season. I didn't get 2 large plowing accounts I hoped for so I may not be plowing this year.

6. Novadiecast

Novadiecast Senior Member

Would you be willing to drive to somewhere around Buffalo to make the sale??

7. ksland

ksland Senior Member
    from ma

Oh Boy.....

I would prefer not, but I have been known to do some crazy things......

email me we can talk.

8. ksland

ksland Senior Member
    from ma

86 that idea, buffalo ny is 8 hours one way from me, all set sorry

9. ksland

ksland Senior Member
    from ma

I could however meet you with the truck at an airport so you can drive it back....

10. Novadiecast

Novadiecast Senior Member

It's worth the money. just to far away for me. If it was close I would own it.

11. K1500 4x4

K1500 4x4 Senior Member

nice truck wish i had the cash id buy it in a second these chevys dont die. i also knew that was water wizz right when i seen the pic haha. good luck with the sale!

12. ksland

ksland Senior Member
    from ma

Just thought I would mention, I am buying a 3/4 ton or 1 ton pickup or dually dump 2wd with some of the sale money so if you have one and cash I would consider a trade...

13. DieselSlug

DieselSlug PlowSite.com Addict

It is a very nice looking truck!

14. z71plowguy

z71plowguy Senior Member

Dam i want it but only got 5000 for my loan and cant get anymore

15. mg1826

mg1826 Member

Could you please post pics of the engine and interior. Thanks

16. ksland

ksland Senior Member
    from ma

Yes, I will put some more pics up today.

17. ksland

ksland Senior Member
    from ma

pics

here are some more pics as requested.

photo77.jpg

photo777.jpg

18. ddlawncare

ddlawncare Junior Member

if you decide to drop the price some let me know.

19. ksland

ksland Senior Member
    from ma

This is a clean truck, and mechanically very solid... I have seen trucks with 80,000 less miles drive and look worse. The undercarraige is very clean and leak free, The rims are mint condition with the correct lugnuts and GMC caps, the wheels sell for $800 used alone. Great tires, brakes, exhaust....Plus the truck just had full maintenance, tune up, fluids etc... go ahead and buy the "same truck" for $5500 with a plow.... Watch how fast you are at $7000 once you clean and lube it up, not to mention this plow is like new with very very little usage.

I guarantee I will keep it before I lower the price a penny, I hope im not coming off as a jerk, but I know what this truck is and what it would cost to replace. I have seen whats out there. But thanks for the bump :)

20. Tscape

Tscape Senior Member

That truck is very desirable and at a good price. If I had the cash I'd be on a plane to Mass. Finance me?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.