1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1998 ford E-350 heater fan work on and off

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by myron585, Jan 16, 2012.

1. myron585

myron585 Junior Member

hello everyone
    I have a 1998 E350 van and the heater wouldn't work on all speeds so I changed both front and rear resitors and fixed that then i found that the switch had gotten hot so I changed both of those and no when it does work it will shut off and nothing if I pull the fuse and put a new one in it will work and it wont work if i just pull the fuse out and put it back. the only thing I havent changed is the motors I also changed the relays in the rear. are there relays for the front? anyway if anyone can help me I would like the help

thanks again
  2. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Bang the motor when it does not work. If it works you need a new one. By banging it your changing the connection of the brushes. First rule of electronics, bang on it. Buy a VOM and see if you have power to it when it does not work.Pull off the plug to motor, make sure it's not full of crud.Check and clean all your grounds too. There are a bunch on engine and body. Any wire black bolted to engine or body is a ground. Clean and protect with Dielectric grease.
    If all else fails, replace the blower motor.
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2012