1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1998 e 350 psd

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by myron585, Oct 6, 2011.

1. myron585

myron585 Junior Member

I have a 1998 e350 7.3 psd and the #6 fuse keeps blowing here's what I have done to it so far. I have changed the fuel pump because the neg side term was very rust and I couldnt clean it up. And it still pops the fuse. I also changed the solenoid for the glow plugs and still no go. I also try to change the urn and when I unplug it (idm) I also noticed the the check engine light is out and the wait to start
    Light is also out for the glow plugs I have no power to the fuel pump. What hand was I was at an idle in a drive way and it died and when I went to start it all this stuff happens. And the back up lights stopped working a few days before this and the bulbs are good. I would like so help please.

2. damian

damian Senior Member

remove the fuel filter and check the fuel heater element at the bottom of the housing,it is probably floating loose and shorting out.just unplug it and be on your way you dont need the heater with treated fuel.

3. myron585

myron585 Junior Member

Thanks I didn't even know that it had a heater under the fuel filter. Is it hard to change it?

4. damian

damian Senior Member

check it first,then dont change it ,just unplug it.

5. myron585

myron585 Junior Member

Hey domain I just want to thank you.you were. Spot on that was the problem for a while because it smoke my fuel pump also. Anyway thanks again your da man!!

6. damian

damian Senior Member

always glad to help a working man