1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1998 dodge ram quad cab 2500

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by jt5019, Sep 19, 2003.

1. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

I may be buying a 1998 dodge ram 2500 quad cab 4x4 this weekend.I currently have a 8 foot fisher plow on my 1990 f250.Would it be expensive to switch the fisher from the ford to the dodge?I know it would need a new frame.The actual blade is in great condition and i would hate to have to buy a whole new setup.Also would the suspention be ok on the dodge with a 8 foot plow?
  2. wyldman

wyldman Member

Is it an older style,or a newer MM or MM2 ?.

Not sure if they make the older style push plates for the newer trucks.

The electrical should be fine,as the headlamp systems are the same.

The suspension will be fine if you have the plow prep with the heavier springs.Get the spring code off the front springs (on a little tag on each spring) to see what you have.A set of Timbrens will help too.
  3. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

Its a older style frame but would like to switch to a mm if possible.
  4. wyldman

wyldman Member

I don't think they make the necessary mounts to put that plow on you truck,and I don't think the older style blade can be converted to a minute mount.

Might be better off the sell the blade you have and invest that towards a new one.
  5. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

If its the conventional mount then sell it and get your self the mm or the mm2. it just seems smarter that way and i dont think you can get the mountings for that truck from a conventional mount fisher.
  6. Roger Dodger

Roger Dodger Senior Member
    from nw Pa.

Isn't the Ram going to need a different lighting harness over the Ford? I thought some of them required actually splicing into the front turn signals versus others not needing that? Maybe I'm wrong.
  7. wyldman

wyldman Member

They both use a positive switched,single high\low beam 9004 type bulb,so the headlights are no problem.

The park\turn signals may have to be spliced anyways.

I still don't think that plow will fit on a 2nd gen Ram.
  8. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

Thanks for the info.This would be my main plow truck so its usefull info.My current main plow was a 90 ford f250 just found out the tranny is shot and because its the one with overdrive its costing an arm and a leg.Machanic suggested maybe its just time to retire it and look new so thats where the dodge comes into play.