1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1998 dodge ram 2500

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by fisher36, Sep 10, 2009.

1. fisher36

fisher36 Junior Member

The truck has 156,000 miles on it. Would you guys recommend plowing with this Truck. If I decide to plow with it I would like the plow to be a fisher. The truck runs strong. I am 17 and just looking for suggestions.
  2. cfdeng7

cfdeng7 Senior Member
    from CT

that truck can easily handle a fisher, what body style is it? reg cab long bed? ext cab short bed etc? and as long as u take care of the truck you will be fine plowing. change all the fluids regularly etc. A tranny temp gauge is a good investment as well
  3. fisher36

fisher36 Junior Member

I'ts a regular cab style with a long bed. I live in mass and am looking for a decent used plow set up for as cheap as possible.
  4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Who isn't?

That truck should handle any plow you can bolt to the front of it. It's a gas job, right?
  5. fisher36

fisher36 Junior Member

it's 5.9 liter V8

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

Truck will be a good $$ make for you. Treat the trans to a band adjustment and change the fluid and filter. Invest in a good quality oil spray and make sure it is at 150% mechanically.

Good luck!!
  7. Grass Master

Grass Master Banned

Ditto on the trans band adjustment. We run thee dodges of this vintage with 8-2 Boss V's. great trucks, I just turned 168,000 on my personal '02 2500. If the price is right go for it.