1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1998 Chevy Tahoe

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Bigdoghd, Oct 22, 2009.

1. Bigdoghd

Bigdoghd Member

Just wondering if any has come across a way to raise or beef up the suspension on a Tahoe. I know I can adjust the torsion bars. Figure this question has already been answered. Thank you in advance.

2. APLC

APLC Senior Member

All I have done is what i have listed, also after about 3 years of plowing regular i just had to do ball joints and a tie rod, my baby has been holding up great(KNOCK ON WOOD) ha ha ha try some of this and you will be off to a good start. I plowed 2 years with a 7.5 western pro plow on my 95 Tahoe just dont drive it like you stole it good luck :drinkup:

1. Timbrens on the front
    2. better shocks, its hard to find the balance of good ride and stiffness but do some searching and you will be ok
    3. Maybe a higher load range tire?
    4. use plenty of weight in the rear behind the wheels it will take some weight off the front end

3. Bigdoghd

Bigdoghd Member

To be honest with you I'm not overly concerned about the ride. It's a truck and not my daily driver (2003 Hummer). I own a Auto & Motorcycle facility and I bought the truck from a customer. Super clean and it's black. We added a nice strobe kit and a light bar on top with four KC day lighters. I just wanted to raise it a touch, plus it's kinda of a soft ride. I was going to add shocks, but thought lifting it a touch would look nice.

4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Well, you're half way there. Do some searches, I bet you'll find it.

Torsion bars, t-bars, Tahoe, Yukon, GM frontend.......you get the idea.

5. SkiJohnnyB

SkiJohnnyB Member

search on Tahoe....several posts in the last few days alone....