1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1998 CHEVY C2500

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by ron, Feb 18, 2001.

1. ron

ron Junior Member

I HAVE A 1998 CHEVY C2500 WITH A TOW PACKAGE,MY QUESTION HOW DO I INSTALL A BRAKE CONTROLER ON IT.

2. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

If you have a tow pkg, under the hood there are blue/and red wires bundled up.The red is the aux for a camper or accesory,you dont need that one,but sometimes its used to charge the breakaway battery.the blue is for the brakes-feed it into the cab,along with a 12 guage wire from the battery to a 25 amp fuse-to the interior with the blue one.Inside the cab,find a spot for the controller wher its easy to reach for quick adjustments or manual overrides when needed.You will need a good ground-I use the steering column mounts,or the E-brake mounting bolts usually.you also need to find the wire at the brake light switch that has power with your foot on the brake.use a test light ,and you find it.Now just run them to the respective wires on the controller.Good luck.