1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1998 chevy 3500 dump leaf spring's

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by eatonpaving, Dec 14, 2008.

1. eatonpaving

eatonpaving PlowSite.com Addict

i just picked up a 1998 3500 chevy dump with a salter and plow, the issue i am having is the rear of the truck sits low, i went and looked at a few of this year and all of them sit kinda low, is their a way to raise it without new springs, a buddy has the same truck but his is a 99 and he has no salter and the ride hight on both trucks are the same, how much will the truck squat with 3 yards of salt..thanks in advance.
  2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

:salute:i would say that you need timbren load booster's ,or new springs 22-797hd .
  3. eatonpaving

eatonpaving PlowSite.com Addict

will the load booster's raise the rear at all, ???
  4. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

They won't raise it, they'll just prevent a lot of the sagging when loaded.

If you need to raise the rear, its going to be springs, lift blocks or air bags. If your springs are sagging just replace them. If you just want additional lift over stock go with lift blocks and new u bolts.