1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1998 Chevy 3/4 ton

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Superior L & L, Jan 21, 2009.

1. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

1998 chevy 2500
    This is a regular work truck nothing special just a very clean work truck. Has the ultra mount bracket but we put the plow on a new truck so you will have to find your own plow. Until new truck came i used this truck most nights and its a plowing machine.
    Good tires, new glass all around(vandals)
    I think it has 130-140,000 on it

The bad news!
    1.The overdrive tab in the tranny broke so you have to drive in 3.(no biggy as long as you dont do a ton of hwy driving) or rebuild it for a grand
    2.One new battery one real old so it needs to be jumped once in a while ($70 fix, i think)
    3. Distributor cap not held on real well so on damp mornings it starts rough! (junk yard fix.)

When i plowed with it i kept it in our heated shop so #2 and #3 were not problems

Come check the truck out in Flint, Michigan and make me an offer

superior109 021 (Small).jpg

superior109 023 (Small).jpg

superior109 022 (Small).jpg

Last edited: Jan 21, 2009
  2. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

Paul does this truck still have the controls in cab for the plow? ever had a salter on it?

3. Superior L & L

from MI

No controller, that went in the new truck also. It had the v box that is in the truck next to it for 1 season (06-07 season) last plow season we didnt use the truck then i plowed with it this season, well december anyways

4. fordboy

fordboy Senior Member

do you have a ballpark what you want for it?

5. GreenAcresFert

GreenAcresFert Senior Member

Is that a Diesel?

6. Nascar Fan

Nascar Fan Senior Member

Not if it has a distributor

7. Superior L & L

from MI

Not realy, it was not for sale but a guy posted on anoher thread that he's looking fo a truck under $5000 with a plow. I figure he can get a used plow from somewhere and this for under 5 gs

8. Superior L & L

from MI

...sold...

9. Tscape

Tscape Senior Member

The price a secret to the very end! Well done!

10. tojay22

tojay22 Member

good now you have room in your fleet to buy mine! haha