1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1998 Chevy 2500 4x4 with Plows & Spreader

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by WIPensFan, Dec 14, 2012.

1. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

2. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

Bad link. Takes you to the sign in page.

3. WIPensFan

4. Raymond S.

Raymond S. Senior Member

Still doesnt work. I had to go to Madison Craiglist and do a search. Found it.

5. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Works for me, nice looking truck.

6. mn-bob

mn-bob Senior Member

Good looking truck good luck with your sale .

7. WIPensFan

Thanks guys.

8. WIPensFan

One thing I forgot to mention was that the Boss-V does have SmartLock cylinders. You can backdrag with it, but with the Daniels there is really no need to. Thanks.

9. gallihersnow

gallihersnow Senior Member

That thing is clean for a '98! Good luck with the sale.

10. WIPensFan

Thanks for the comments.

Guys, the pump for the Daniels Pull Plow is mounted in the engine bay. The Hydo lines are secured and run under the truck to the back bumper. In the spring I Fluid Film the couplers, connect them together, then wrap them in plastic and electrical tape. That way they don't get shi*y and they are out of the way til next season.

11. WIPensFan

More pics and Bump

Red Pickup shop 7.jpg

Red Pickup shop 10.jpg

Red Pickup shop 9.jpg

Salter controls.jpg

Red Pickup stereo.jpg

12. WIPensFan

Bump to top.

13. WIPensFan

Bumperuuski!!

14. WIPensFan

If I were to take a baseball bat to some of the sheet metal or frayed some wires so the salter or plow only worked intermittenly, or cut the brake lines...would there be more interest in this truck?? JEEZ, doesn't any body want to buy good used equipment, or does it have to be a complete sh*t piece to draw interest?

15. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I think it's just this season. I can't seem to get rid of my spare 9' blade either. Wrong type of weather to get rid of quality equipment it seems.

16. WIPensFan

Seems to be snowing around the country now though. I really wanted to sell this to someone starting out or with a few years under their belt who has been stressing over the reliability of their existing truck and plow. Maybe they have a good mix of resi and small commercial where this truck does it all for them. Maybe someone has too many accounts they're doing with one truck and would like to add a second to cut down the time it takes to complete their route. You can have everything off this truck in under 10 min. and be driving it as your daily driver, with room for kids!! Or a big dog!! Or fat chicks after bar time!!

17. WIPensFan

Price reduced to $11,300.

Anybody interested??

18. DieselSlug

DieselSlug PlowSite.com Addict

It is a gorgeous truck. Put some newer style PYO rims on it and it would be one heck of a looker. Good luck with sale.

19. WIPensFan

Thanks DieselSlug. I would love to put new rims and tires on it but, that would just be more money I can't ask for in the sale. If I keep this truck and sell my 09' I will put new rims and tires on the 98'.

20. the_mayor

the_mayor Senior Member

Nice looking rig. I'll never understand why people have to give THEIR oppinion on what you should sell YOUR truck for. If you don't want it, don't buy it. Good luck with the sale.