1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1998 chevy 1500 diesel 4x4 ex-cab SWB good for plow or not?????

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by LuffTruckingLLC, Jan 23, 2005.

1. LuffTruckingLLC

LuffTruckingLLC Junior Member

Just needed some insight on this truck. Its a 98 Chevy 1500 diesel 4x4 extended cab short bed. I am interested in putting a plow on it for some light commerical and residential. I was wondering if its too heavy in the front for a plow or not. Being that it is a diesel. I will be putting a spreader on the rear also. One for salting and the other for weight distribution. Just let me know thanks guys
  2. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

Are you sure it is a 1500. That is a late model year to have a diesel in a 1500. Sounds more like a 2500. If it is the old GM diesel, you may want to steer clear of it. But, it depends what kind of work the engine has had. In terms of too much weight. If it is a 1500 than I would not do it. If it is a 2500 than you can do it.