1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1998 Chevrolet K2500HD w/ Western Plow FS

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by TTBoy77, Feb 2, 2012.

1. TTBoy77

TTBoy77 Member

I have for sale my 1998 Chervrolet Silverado 3/4 ton truck. It comes with a fully working Western snowplow that is 7' 6".

Truck:
    This truck was my daily driver AND plow truck until a couple of weeks ago when I purchased my new truck. That is the reason for selling it. It has 152,xxx miles.The truck is an extended cab, long box. It has a 7.4L (454 cu in) Vortec engine, great shifting 4L80e trans (auto w O/D), plate style trans. cooler, plate style oil cooler, 4X4, corp 14 bolt rear end with limited slip, 6 inch pro comp lift kit, 18 inch Eagle Alloy wheels, 35" Pro Comp Xtreme mud terrain tires (less than 5k miles), Pro Comp ES9000 shocks less than 1 year old, nerf bars,PW, PL, tilt, AC, REAR defrost and more. Now for the bad...it does need rear brakes and some exhaust work. It does have the typical Chevy rust on the cab corners, rocker panels, and doors. It comes with 2 EXTRA, complete doors with I was gonna mount, but never did.

The entire front end was rebuilt last summer!! Ball joints both upper and lower, inner and outer tie rod ends with connectors, drag link and pit-man arm were all done.

The plow is a Western Uni-mount 7'6" hydra-turn pro-plow. It has the cab command controller, NOT the joystick. Plow works great. Oil changed TWICE a season with Western Hyd. oil. It does need paint and a new cutting edge AFTER this plow season.

This package is nice enough that I will be plowing with it until I sell.

Price is negotiable so make me an offer....worst I can do is say no.

0119021315.jpg

0119021317.jpg

0119021318.jpg

2. TTBoy77

TTBoy77 Member

bump to the top....i really want to get a new plow but the wife says this baby has to go first!

3. fordboy

fordboy Senior Member

whats the asking price? Any interior pics? can you tell me what the gear ratio is?

4. TTBoy77

TTBoy77 Member

Asking 6k, but that is negotiable. No interior pics yet...gear ratio is 3.73 i THINK.

5. Watkins

Watkins Member

Does this truck have a tachometer ?
    If this will do 70 down the highway at less then 2200 rpm it's looking pretty good.

6. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

Check the axle code on the door sticker.

7. fordboy

fordboy Senior Member

it will be a code of gt4 or gt 5 in the glove box. 4 is a 3:73 and the 5 is 4:10. It makes a pretty significant difference in what the truck is suppose to be able to pull especially with the 35 inch tall tires. let me know if you could thanks.

8. TTBoy77

TTBoy77 Member

Watkins: yes there ia a tach...and yes, this goes down the highway just great.

9. TTBoy77

TTBoy77 Member

Watkins: yes there ia a tach on the white face gauge cluster. This truck goes down the highway great.

Fordboy: I will check the rearend tonight when I get home from work.

10. TTBoy77

TTBoy77 Member

Gear ratio is 3.73. Code in the glove box is GT4

11. TTBoy77

TTBoy77 Member

Now accepting offers!!!

12. TTBoy77

TTBoy77 Member

Going out to plow right now...

13. TTBoy77

TTBoy77 Member

Plowed for 12+ hours without a hiccup!!

NEW LOWER PRICE OF $5500.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OR TRADE FOR A LIKE NEW 9'6" VEE PLOW FOR AN 06 DURAMAX W/ MOUNT AND WIRING....SNOWDOGG OR A WESTERN...OR A BOSS

14. TTBoy77

TTBoy77 Member

back to the front page

15. TTBoy77

TTBoy77 Member

Forgot to mention that I installed a new lower intake gasket about 1 thousand miles ago...Along with CMP sensor, CKP sensor, oil pressure sending unit, temp. sending unit, upper intake gasket, and new AC Delco plugs.

16. TTBoy77

TTBoy77 Member

Weekend sale!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

only 5 grand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. TTBoy77

TTBoy77 Member

No v-plows to trade??

18. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

$2100.00 Bob

19. TTBoy77

TTBoy77 Member

Not quite that desperate.....but thanks anyway.

20. linycctitan

linycctitan Senior Member

Free bump for a seemingly good deal! Don't let the jokers chop you down. lol