1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1998 Chevrolet Blazer hood

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by BigZ1001, Mar 5, 2004.

1. BigZ1001

BigZ1001 Junior Member

I have a 1998 Chevrolet Blazer setting here at the house I cannot get the good to open on. When I pull the latch it makes the typical pop sound and moves up very little, but it's like it isn't releasing completely. Does anyone have any idea what I can do to get it up? Thanks.
  2. ronsracing

ronsracing Member
    from CT

The trick I use is to push down or tap the front center of the hood after I have pulled the release.
  3. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

Put the wd40 to it often.
  4. BigZ1001

BigZ1001 Junior Member

I tried today pushing down on the center of it after I pulled the release to no avail. I tried pulling up on it a little (no good) and I sprayed at anything I could without the hood up with WD-40, any suggestions, or maybe I did the pushing on the center wrong. Thanks.
  5. Mebes

Mebes Senior Member

Have someone hold out the release lever.
    Or pull the release and put a vice grip on it to keep it out, then go around to the front and give the center of the hood a good couple of hard smacks. (the kind that make your hands hurt). Good luck