1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1998 Chev 1 Ton 4wd

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Herm Witte, Sep 26, 2009.

1. Herm Witte

Herm Witte Senior Member

This vehicle could be a project or a spare parts resource. 400 engine with 90,000 on it, brand new factory transmission (less than 5,000 mi on it). Motor runs good. $2,000.00. PM me.

2. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

A 400 in a 98? You do that yourself? Is it carbbed? Pics?

3. Herm Witte

Herm Witte Senior Member

Oops. It's a big block - 454 feul injected. 400 was along time ago in another truck. :)

Last edited: Aug 19, 2010
  4. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

whats wrong with it??

5. Herm Witte

Herm Witte Senior Member

Cross member behind cab rotting out, other rust issues. That's why it's a project. Are you interested?

6. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

PM sent...............

7. Snow Master

Snow Master Junior Member

dose it come with a plow? If not, what kind of mount is that... Whats the mileage?

Last edited: Sep 26, 2009
  8. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

If so I'll drive up there right now ;)

Looks like a Boss RT2 mount, wondering if its included and if there's a plow available for it????

9. x.system

x.system Senior Member

Bring that fisher up with ya :)

10. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I will if it works out, it'll give me more $ toward the truck too! ;)

11. Pennings Garden

Pennings Garden Senior Member
    from VA

Will it pass a state inspection as is? could I drive in home?

12. Herm Witte

Herm Witte Senior Member

90,000 miles. Currently has a broken brake line, brakes themselves are fine. I don't know about a state inspection and I probably would not drive it to New York from here. 9' Boss plow could come with it for an extra $1,000.00. Plow itself is rough but pieces parts and hydraulics are worth that to me.

13. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I'll prolly take it. Pm me a # to call tomorrow. Thanks

14. x.system

x.system Senior Member

I might be interested also if got-h2o doesn't buy. I'm about 30 miles from you. How long is that bed?

got-h2o I can meet you at Herm's if you bring that plow.

15. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Herm, I'd assume you have a way to load the plow? Whether it be onto the back of the truck, or our truck when we arrive? PM me a time/day during the week you'd like us and we'll come up with my big trailer to pick it up.

X-system, looks like the Fisher plow of mine is yours for the taking, so hopefully this will work out for all of us. I have no problem throwing it on the trailer for the ride up to save you the trip ;)

Maybe if you talk nice to Herm, he'll help load it :)

16. Herm Witte

Herm Witte Senior Member

I sent you a PM re your questions.

17. x.system

x.system Senior Member

Great, just give me a call after you get everything figured out, my schedual is open all week so I can meet you any time. 989 853 1006

Jim

18. Herm Witte

Herm Witte Senior Member

The truck and plow has been sold. Thank you for your interest.

19. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Herm, I can't thank you enough. Not only for the fantastic deal on the truck/plow, the unloading and loading, but also for the service.

Guys, we had an issue with the hitch on one of my trucks. Raining outside like crazy and fighting with it. Herm welcomed us in his shop, let us use his tools and hardware, and got us all buttoned up for a safe trip back. I can't stress what a stand up guy he is.

Thanks again!!

We're going to get fixing on a few things on the truck, send it off to paint, then get a dump bed installed on it........I can't wait!