1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1998-2003 f150 plows

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Lucfw, Feb 5, 2011.

1. Lucfw

Lucfw Senior Member
    from Ontario

Hi, i am looking to see what people have done to there 1998-2003 ford f150 to put a plow on it. i am manly looking for a 2000 ford f150 Lariat supercab with a boss plow, but anything will be appretated. I am looking for pics and how the light bars wires got to the toggel switch in the cab(via headlinner or others).thanks

2. Lucfw

Lucfw Senior Member
    from Ontario

1997- 2003 plows sorry

3. deckboys

deckboys Senior Member

i plow with a 98 f150
    turn up the torsion bars.. doesn't have to be all the way just enough to take the weight
    get an add a leaf in the the rear.. helps hold truck level with ballast
    the wires for the light bar depend if you want a permanent mount or a mag mount, you can run them into the 3rd brake light and silicone the wires in... the headliner will let you run the wire to the side and you can get to it if you take the side panel off or you can wire it from under the truck and put the relay under the hood which ive done

4. Lucfw

Lucfw Senior Member
    from Ontario

ok thanks how much ballast do you use? also, do you know if fords snow plow prep package in cludes the wires in the head linner? thanks