1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1997 SnowBear Plow on 1999 Dodge Ram 3500

Discussion in 'Snowbear Plows' started by wolverine113, Dec 5, 2009.

1. wolverine113

wolverine113 Junior Member

Does anyone know if the new SnowBear mount kits would work with a 97 Snowbear blade? I can get the blade cheap and just have to buy the mount kit. I know these aren't great blades but it should be fine for what I need. According to the paperwork with the blade, the Dodge mount kit was 64307 at the time the blade was made but now Snowbear lists it as 64309. I'm hoping they just changed the mount kit but it is backwards compatible with the blades. I just want to make sure it will mount correctly since the mount will be 10 years newer than the blade.

Any help is appreciated.
  2. jeffsyardcare

jeffsyardcare Junior Member

Hi Wolverine,
    It will not matter if your plow is 10 years old. The push plates from snowbear never change. The only thing different, is the actual pieces that wrap around the frame. The cross member is all the same for every vehicle. For example, I had a real OLD plow I was given. I ordered a brand new mount from snowbear for a 01 Tacoma I purchased. The plow still fit into the cross member. When you order from snowbear, they will ask what year and make your truck is. Do you already have the cross member with the two solid male ends? Hope this answered your question!
  3. wolverine113

wolverine113 Junior Member

Thanks for the info. Turns out it's an 84 in model and I'm still holding out for an 88 in model. Hopefully one shows up on craigslist soon.