1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1997 Ram 1500 mm1 question

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by mjrpaine, Oct 6, 2008.

1. mjrpaine

mjrpaine Junior Member

I am considering purchasing a used Fisher mm1 plow from someone. It is currently on a 2001 Ford F-250 and I will be putting it on my 1997 Dodge Ram 1500. He said it has a 3 plug set up and comes with the pump and wiring on the actual plow itself, but no truck parts are included. I dont know what that means since I have never owned a plow truck.

I have the push plates from a parts truck I had which was a 1995 Dodge Ram 2500 which has the controls, pump, and hoses from under the hood of the truck. I am wondering if the push plates will fit the plow and my truck? and what other parts I may need to purchase? Will I need new controls and wiring harness for the plow? Since it has the pump on the plow does that mean its all electric? I thought mm2 were the electic ones? Thank you.
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

"Truck parts" would include the control harness, misc battery cables, under hood solenoid, isolation module, controller, head light adapters, plow light harness and of course the push plates.

If your '95 push plates are MM (quick attach, not permanent mounted head gear) they'll work with this potentially purchased plow.

Make sure this used plow is priced right as the rest of the needed truck side parts are expensive to purchase new. You can easily spend $700 on the necessary wiring/control/lighting components, not including the push plates.

And yes it would be a full electric plow...most MM1's out there are.
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2008
  3. mjrpaine

mjrpaine Junior Member

PLOW_GUY Junior Member

The push plates will work so long as they are from a 7157 kit. if its from a prior kit then you may need new plates. all the wiring for the truck using fishers newest three port module system will run you about 900.00 dollars just in parts. thats including cab control. you do the math. the other thing i would do is check out fisherplows.com and see if the plow your buying is ok to be on you truck. click on the ematch link on the right and then start ematch. fill in the field about your truck and see which is the right plow for the truck. if it isn't listed for your truck, there is a good reason for it. good luck with everything.

now that i just looked at the ad, if your truck is a 1500 you will crush the front end hanging an 8' hd blade on it.
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2008
  5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Depending on how you want to look at it.

Its either too much plow or not enough truck :nod:

PLOW_GUY Junior Member

That's another way to look at it

PLOW_GUY Junior Member

10:04 am ???? what were you thinking
  8. mjrpaine

mjrpaine Junior Member

Well for one .. the deal didnt go thru so I am heading to the dealership tuesday to check out some newer Rams with plows .... and for two ... I suppose I should ahve mentioned that my Ram 1500 has had the axles and suspension changed out from a 2500 into mine ... so it will handle a plow ...