1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1997 K1500 with Boss Plow

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by jonny01blaze, Nov 12, 2011.

1. jonny01blaze

jonny01blaze Junior Member

Hey guys, I need alittle help. As the topic states I have a 97 1500 with a Boss Plow. I have 95% of it hooked up and am just waiting for a few parts to come in to finish it up. I am having a small problem with the wiring. The parking light and turn signal wires I am unsure which to splic into on the vehicle half. The Boss instruction are very vauge and don't state which color to specifically tap. I hope someone can chime in and let me know which to splice. Thanks!

2. MarkEagleUSA

MarkEagleUSA Senior Member

Should be:

Left = Lt Blu
    Right = Dk Blu
    Park = Brn

3. jonny01blaze

Awesome! Thanks man!

4. jonny01blaze

Alright one more question. The negative cable, the one that's like 4 gauge. There's not way to hook to my batteries negative term. Can I just ground to the firewall?

5. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

Not to the firewall, the plow would be "searching" for a ground through the body. I would suggest the frame or engine if the battery isn't an option. I would also consider getting a battery with both top and side post connections, that would make wiring a lot easier and more reliable