1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1997 Jeep Wrangler

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by the_lawn_wizard, Dec 9, 2008.

1. the_lawn_wizard

the_lawn_wizard Member

2. JeepTJ

JeepTJ Senior Member

Jeep Wranglers have a low tow rating (2000 lbs) unless you have an extended wheelbase version (Unlimited). The tow rating goes up to 3500 lbs. These are 2006 model specs. What is the GVWR of your trailer? What do you want to plow? How often?

The pictures of the Wrangler look nice. You would have to get rid of the Get Stuck-Again (GS-A) spare tire and put on snow tires for plowing though!!!

Fran

Last edited: Dec 9, 2008
  3. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

that and the D30 rear axle wont last long towing a hevey trailer.

4. JeepTJ

JeepTJ Senior Member

True, True!!! At least the Unlimited's came with a D44 in the rear.

5. '76cj5

'76cj5 Member

Only those people that own that tire know what you mean. :) My '08 came with those tires and I can get stuck on wet asphalt. :)

6. JeepTJ

JeepTJ Senior Member

[QUOTE='76cj5;669938]Only those people that own that tire know what you mean. :) My '08 came with those tires and I can get stuck on wet asphalt. :)[/QUOTE]

I thought it was on DRY asphalt!!!:dizzy: My current summer tires are RS/As (really stuck again). They will need to be replaced this summer for something better.

Fran