1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1997 Jeep Wrangler with Boss 7'6" Sport Duty!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by P&M Landscaping, Nov 20, 2009.

1. P&M Landscaping

P&M Landscaping Senior Member

Finally got my plow all mounted up! Timbrens are going in next week, and I plan to run about 300 pounds of ballast let me know what you think! ussmileyflag

downsized_1120091520a.jpg

downsized_1120091523.jpg

2. Mackman

Mackman PlowSite.com Addict
    from S.E. PA

Man i think that jeep will get a work out pushing that around. But im sure it can do it. The plow lights look so big on a jeep. Good luck.

3. P&M Landscaping

Yeah, I thought the same thing, but a couple other members on here have the same size blade with success,

4. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

Man that blade looks huge on that Jeep!
    Should work out well for you though!

5. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Looks good, those lights look huge though haha

6. dj89

dj89 Senior Member
    from wny

Dose boss make a mount? or did you fab it?

7. P&M Landscaping

It's a sport duty lighter weight plow. Boss makes a mount for my Jeep. I was going to try and put my super duty plow on here, but after figuring what it would have cost to have a custom mount fabbed up and the hassle it would have been, I just opted to go with this plow. It weighs 420 pounds, less than some of the fishers and older snoways that guys have on the exact same Jeep. This plow is extremely well built, it compares to my super duty plows, but almost half the weight. As for the lights, they are huge, but surprisingly they really don't block my vision as much as you'd think,

8. SuperdutyShane

That thing is only 420 pounds? :eek:

Good that Boss makes them so light, always cool to see smaller vehicles like Jeeps with plows on them.

9. P&M Landscaping

Sarcasm? Are you really shocked that such a big plow is only 420 pounds

10. SuperdutyShane

No I truly am shocked because I dont really keep up with any weights on plows. Even though its a light duty, my Fisher Mm1 8ft is in the high 800 pounds with the SnoFoil option. Provided its a heavy duty, it just seems weird that a plow a half a foot less wide is around 400 pounds less.

11. P&M Landscaping

Agree, I thought the same thing when I picked the plow up. But I think the Jeep will still push it around wesport

12. SuperdutyShane

Yeah. I have no doubt that Jeep will push it around. Lets get some snow already though huh?

13. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

About the same as an HT, or 7.5 LD - Fisher boy.....

All 8 foot and larger Fishers are designated "Heavy Duty"

Fisher Boy :laughing::laughing:

14. GatorDL55

GatorDL55 Senior Member

That's sweet! A jeep with a plow is a monster driveway machine. You can turn very tightly with them

15. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Looks great and I hope we get some SNOW soon I want to see some action pics.

16. P&M Landscaping

Yeah, we do need snow. It's not looking good. Not supposed to get real cold for a couple weeks....:cry:

17. festerw

festerw Senior Member

You have to remember you're talking about 2 different grades of plows, FWIW an 8' Boss trip edge plow is 788lbs plus whatever the truck mount weights.

A 22 series Snoway 7'6" is under 300lbs but again they are a different grade plow.

18. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

That should work good. I know a guy that has a 1987 Cherokee with a 7.5' Meyer on it and it handles it with no probablems.

19. P&M Landscaping

Yeah, I can't wait to use it :redbounce

20. caddytruck89

caddytruck89 Senior Member

Very nice!! Wouldn't mind having that setup to zip arround in and out of traffic and driveways. Some guys will never get it. If you dont need a f-350 with a v blade. why would you use one. I just put a 8ft western pro plus on a buddies f-250, so he can plow 4 drives!! He brags about his Bigger plow, untill people ask what he does with it, and his truck payment, and his plow payment??? Good luck. Snow will come!! It always does!!