1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1997 ford ranger plow

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by jaymaine, Oct 19, 2008.

1. jaymaine

jaymaine Junior Member
    from maine

what should i buy to not be to big or to small i live in central maine we get a lot of snow its also a Manuel trans
  2. VBigFord20

VBigFord20 Senior Member

Snoway 6.5 or a blizzard. Meyer makes a 6.5 also but there stuff is way old school. I had a 89 s-10 with a meyer and it was a good driveway truck.
  3. jaymaine

jaymaine Junior Member
    from maine

the snow way only has up and down electric movements right im thinking about a 7 ft fisher minute mount but i have a stock front end
  4. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

snoway is a fully hydraulic plow. Left, right, up, down, or down pressure if you choose.
  5. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

I would say to get the sno-way.
  6. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

If you do get a plow, search " Plowing with a manual transmission " on the forum. This will save you from frying the clutch plowing snow. ( This saved me for 4 seasons ) If you want to go cheap, find a Meyer mount and a 2 meter plow. Cheap plow head lights should work too. You might have to upgrade the charging system too. Most Rangers have only a 60 amp alternator. They have small batteries too. You need 100 amp and a big battery to survive plowing snow.

Millsupply.com & Centralpartswarehouse.com are good places for parts
  7. I have a sno-way on my 02 ranger and it works pretty well.
  8. franklarabie

franklarabie Junior Member
    from ottawa

I'm looking into ranger plows too and Ive noticed that the sno-way is lighter than all the others by about 100lbs and it had down pressure feature. I would like to know if they have the backdrag bar on them or if its even optional?
  9. jaymaine

jaymaine Junior Member
    from maine

i bought a 7 foot minute mount fisher did a little customizing to the push plates but it works great and isnt to much weight .i put three sand tubes in the bed [210 lbs] and it works and rides great ,i also put twist in coil spring helpers that way in summer i can take them out and still have good ride .