1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1997 Ford F250HD, 94k, 460, auto, 8.5' Ultramount, IL, $4250

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by affekonig, Dec 3, 2012.

1. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

I got a call this morning letting me know that we won't be plowing for the city this year due to some insurance changes in their contract. That means that I have 0 work lined up and no need for this truck. I bought it from the Winfield Park District a few months ago and have put only a few miles on it, but it runs great, has low miles, has mostly new lines (brake and fuel) underneath, has two brand new gas tanks, a new battery this summer, newer exhaust manifolds, etc. The truck came with a 7.5' Ultramount and I swapped moldboards with an 8.5' I had in my garage. That means that this monster of a truck has only pushed a 7.5' blade. Anyway, the interior is basic (rubber floor, crank windows), but it has a tape player and the AC works! The exterior isn't pretty and has my signature Herculiner-over-rust paint job that makes it presentable, especially if it's snowing. The truck should be a beast and I was really looking forward to using it, but I don't have anything lined up for the winter so she's up for sale.

[​IMG]
    Untitled by affekonig2000, on Flickr

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

3. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

I'm open to offers

4. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

I like the truck and would make an offer if you were closer. Seems like all the trucks I like are in IL or MN.

5. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

Seriously, I'm open to offers. I'm going to hold onto my Jeep and that's it this year as it really doesn't look like I'll be plowing.

6. mpriester

mpriester Senior Member

This is a long shot but with no snow moneys tight. if you still have it after winter send me a message as it would make a good back up for me.

7. Building walls

Building walls Junior Member

How many miles does the diesel have ??

8. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

1997 Ford F250HD, 94k, 460, auto, 8.5' Ultramount, IL, $4250

9. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

Diesel? Hmm. Still for sale and snow's coming

10. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

Laid off yesterday and not plowing this year - Christmas deal time... Make an offer

11. ToddM NJ

ToddM NJ Member

Does the truck need anything? Would it make a trip back to no?

12. Building walls

Building walls Junior Member

Sorry misread on motor . What u take for it .

13. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

Does the truck need anything? It depends on how you define "need", but it runs and drives and will plow snow as it sits. It isn't pretty, but all of the mechanicals are there and working. The blower motor resistor is bad on it, but I have the part and I'll get to that soon. It leaks some oil from what looks like the rear main, but again, all of the mechanicals are in good shape. Make an offer, I'd like it off the driveway.

14. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

Oh, and I don't see any reason that it wouldn't make a drive anywhere. I've driven much sketchier vehicles long distances and wouldn't be concerned hopping in this one and driving it to the east coast. I just did it in my E150 with almost twice as many miles and just as much rust...

15. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

I don't know why someone is not plowing snow with this by now. I'd love to have that for my lot truck. Put some wings on that 8.5 blade and go to town. If it were closer I would have it working already. Anyway, free bump

16. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

It'd be gone if we were getting any snow around here. Either way, it's still for sale and I'm getting "motivated". It's parked at Mister Kwik's Service in Naperville, 669 N Washington.

17. Diablo

Diablo Junior Member

Hmm......as it happens, we have plenty of snow in Colorado:) I don't wan't to insult you, so I won't lowball.....but if you find yourself eager to drop the price substantially, I might be willing to make a trip out. The truck and plow are completely worth what you're asking, it just doesn't leave room for me to get to Illinois and back.

18. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

I'm selling everything and seriously considering moving back to CO. I miss snow...

Let me know if you have a number in mind.

19. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

Buy me buy me buy me

20. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

Truck is sold, but still have the plow and wiring. Didn't have time to remove the mount...