1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1997 Ford F250 Ext Cab ShortBed OBS - $3000

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by plowguy43, Feb 15, 2012.

1. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Posting this for interest more than anything, truck will be available for pick up in about 2 weeks.

1997 Ford F250 Extended Cab Short Bed. Truck is white with Grey TuTone, Grey cloth interior in excellent shape. Truck is SOLID and very clean. Does have typical rust starting above the rear wheels and the very bottom of the tailgate - as of now its minor, only up about an inch-Cab and front fenders do not have any rust. Truck is a Big Block 460 with automatic, runs great - had the top end rebuilt in 2007 and has only had 8,000 miles put on since then. Has a clean 1 owner carfax, no accidents, and has recent repair receipts included.

Truck only has 106k miles

Has the upgraded Ford "bullet hole" 16" wheels with decent tires (pass inspection)

What is currently being repaired:
    - Front Rotors
    - Front Pads
    - Front Calipers
    - Complete Tune up - Plugs, Wires, Cap & Rotor
    - Sanding & Repainting Frame - solid frame, just has surface rust ( will snap pics)
    - Fixing Passenger Exhaust manifold leak

This truck will be ready to drive daily, should pass inspection without a problem. NEVER PLOWED. I'm looking for a quick sale, price will go up in the spring the longer I own it (more stuff will be repaired, like the bed sides) This is a very clean OBS Truck, if my Dodge Sells before this truck I will be keeping.

$3000 Pics will be posted hopefully by Friday

Last edited: Feb 15, 2012
  2. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

Seems like a good price. Waiting for pics.

3. grosser397

grosser397 Senior Member

i have a 2006 9 2 boss v plow ill trade you

4. plowguy43

Vxt or regular? Any truck side?

5. grosser397

grosser397 Senior Member

normal v nice shape has hid lights installed on the low beams brand new cutting edge. going to keep the truck side stuff for now.

6. plowguy43

Ok I'm going to pass simply because I have nothing to put it on LOL. Would've been different if you had a truckside for my Dodge

7. grosser397

grosser397 Senior Member

i have truck side stuff i guess i could part with but its for 03+ dodge

8. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

I would legit buy either of your for sale trucks if I could get rid of my Sierra.

9. plowguy43

Well if it sells let me know, my stuff is always for sale LOL

10. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

Where u located at

11. plowguy43

Wife says I have to pass, she wants cash LOL

I'm in Maine, have family in Mass so I'm willing to meet up if someone is serious. When I get it I'd be willing to take 100 detailed pictures to put the buyer at ease.

I'm not the type to pull punches selling stuff, I don't want anything coming back to bite me in the a*s so I'm up front about everything I know.

12. plowguy43

Here are some pics from the previous owner. Will get more tomorrow.

f250 97.jpg

f250 97 2.jpg

f250 97 int.jpg

13. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

That is a great buy! I sold a 96 model truck that was just like yours but had 188000 miles on it a bit over a year ago for $3350.00

14. plowguy43

Thanks! I'm pricing it aggressively because the misses isn't happy about the purchase LOL. I like the truck a lot, I've always loved those OBS trucks 92-97 Style and if this was a 7.3 it'd be staying for good.

I appreciate the bump!

15. exclusive

exclusive Member

how far are you away from jersey

16. plowguy43

Maine would probably be 6 or so hours but I could bring it to Boston.

17. plowguy43

Just got back from taking more pics of the truck. Took it for a spin and it rides smoother than my Dodge which I wasn't expecting. Truck is solid and tight.

18. tuna

tuna Senior Member

Off topic but could could you tell me how much snow is in Otisfield?We own some property up their and have not been there for over a year.

19. plowguy43

Not very much maybe like 4 or 5"s left on the ground. If you need your drive opened up let me know and I'll do it for you (free of charge).

20. SnowGuy

SnowGuy Senior Member
    from NW Ohio

Anymore current photos ???