1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1997 ford f150 4x4 ext cab what plow?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by ScnicExcellence, Sep 23, 2008.

1. ScnicExcellence

ScnicExcellence Senior Member

I am going out to look at a 1997 f150 ext cab 4x4 in the next two days, I like the truck the way it looks and the interior basically i like the over all truck.

I need to know what plow i should put on this thing, according to the fisher website i can only put a 7' 4" homesteader plow, this is no good for me.

I need a plow to do some plowing, i am doing contracts for peoples driveways and also going to sub for another contractor if i don't get enough contracts.

I am thinking at least a 7' 6" plow and it needs to be alot better then a homesteader. i need something with actual trip springs.

What plow should i go for, i need something used and cheap. I can afford about $1000.00-$1500.00 for the plow.

If i can pick up a plow how hard would it be to make the mount for it, or would it be expensive to just buy one?

Need some advice asap, as i don't want this truck to slip away it is a good price. and it has the ext cab so i can use the truck for doing everyday things as well like shopping, taking the kids out and stuff. let me know what you guys think.
  2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

A Sno-Way with downpressure works great on that truck. Get the factory mount. It bolts on and is better then trying to make something to fit. JMO
  3. red07gsxr

red07gsxr Senior Member
    from meriden

buy a used speedcast plow. i have one on my k2500 and it works great. i paid 1500 bucks for it a couple of years back but you can find them for around 1200 for a mint one. i have the mounts for them as well to fit a ford.
  4. Lifted4x4Astro

Lifted4x4Astro Senior Member

Since you are doing this for profit, pass on the 150 and find a 250 or 350. You can then put basically any plow on you want.
  5. ScnicExcellence

ScnicExcellence Senior Member

The f150 ended up being 2x4 and 4x4 the guy lied to me. Well i have found a 1993 chev 2500 reg cab 4x4 i know this one is a 4x4 for sure. The truck is only 2000 and he has a 8 foot plow that will fit on it for 1500
    i would say i could get both plow and truck for $2500 if i showed him the cash it has been for sale for a little while now.

he said in email that he wants at min $3000 that was two weeks ago