1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1997 F350

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Plow37, Mar 12, 2005.

1. Plow37

Plow37 Junior Member

I am currently negotiating on the purchase of a 1997 f350 PSD dump truck with a 9' fisher minute mount plow it has 65k miles and is in very good condition inside and out, only problem is a dent on passenger door which can probably be popped back out , dump box has very little rust and stealer has stated that he put new tires on and checked suspension for problems we are at $17750.00 what do you guys think?

2. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

What is the tranny. ZF5 or E4OD? If it is the auto(E4OD), I'd have it checked out. They are prone to problems, but can be rebuilt to be much stronger. Price seems to be a tad bit high, but I have nothing to back up my assumptions. Have you tried kelly blue book and NADA? They are a good place to get a starting idea. I'd also take the truck an independent mechanic and have them check it out for problems. Can't always trust a salesman.

3. Fisher II

Fisher II Senior Member

heres more for your money!

Im from Boston area as well and have a 2002 Chevy HD3500 turbo diesel(2 wheel drive) 15k GVW for sale. Truck has options.....21,000 miles....auto....tool box ....leaf box....combo pintle etc etc. I want $22k for it. If your interested let me know and i'll shoot you some photos.

4. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

you should get in touch with Grassbusters. He is looking for a truck like yours. There has been a thread about it. http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=24093

5. Plow37

Plow37 Junior Member

Those 3500HD are nice

Thanks but i must have 4x4