1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1997 f350 psd

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Twizzle, Sep 9, 2011.

1. Twizzle

Twizzle Junior Member

hey guys, im new to this sight and i am looking for your opinions. I have a 1997 reg cab single rear wheel psd. what would recommend as far as plow options. Just about all the guys that i know use fisher. Let me know what you think. thanks for the advise.

2. Twizzle

Twizzle Junior Member

i forgot to mention the plowing would be mostly residential but may end up doing commercial as well. thanks

3. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

you can put an 7.6 or 8ft western or fisher plow on it

its all what you wanna spend if your gonna buy a brand new one or find used

4. spiritsnowctrl

spiritsnowctrl Junior Member

I got a 97 F350 Diesel w/ a stick. I'm putting a 9' 2" Boss V on it. Still working on finding a mount, so can't tell ya how it's working yet!

5. 02powerstroke

02powerstroke PlowSite.com Addict

What is the closest plow dealer to you that you can get parts from in a hurry.

6. spiritsnowctrl

spiritsnowctrl Junior Member

There are 3 within an hour of me.

7. mwalsh9152

mwalsh9152 Senior Member

pick the one that has the best customer service reviews, is one of them open 24 hrs during a storm? etc. If most people around you use fisher, then likely they have more dealers around than others, and you will likely find a used one cheaper if you want to go that route.

8. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Yup.......x2. I like Fisher and the company I plow for uses Fisher, so we can help each other with parts and what not. I don't have dealers around me, so parts are mail order.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2011