1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1997 F350 Powerstroke 5 speed with 8' Western Unimount

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Lt CHEG, Dec 29, 2012.

1. Lt CHEG

Lt CHEG Junior Member
    from NY

Up for sale is a 1997 Ford F350 XL regular cab 4x4 pickup truck. It is powered by the 7.3 liter Powerstroke turbo diesel and the venerable ZF S5-47 5 speed manual transmission. The truck has a little less than 140,000 miles. The bed was replaced with one from down South last year and is solid and rust free which is very uncharacteristic of these trucks. In fact the doors were replaced at the same time and there is no rot to speak of on this truck. The upper and lower ball joints were just replaced as were the tie rods and tie rod ends and track bar bushing. All suspension components were replaced with Moog premium suspension parts. The truck was also just aligned. I also just replaced the lock-in hubs with Warn Premium all-metal hubs. The rear brake shoes and hardware were just replaced and the parking brake cable which always rusts away on these trucks was also freshly replaced. The truck is equipped with a Western 8 foot heavy duty Unimount plow. The plow was just sandblasted, patched where necessary and repainted and completely gone through by a local dealer and it functions like new with its new pump. Just this last week I also replaced both batteries with brand new NAPA diesel truck rated batteries. Also since the pictures attached to this posting have been added I ordered 4 brand new BF Goodrich Radial All Terrain T/A KO tires, load range E, size LT 235 85R16 and had them mounted on the Ford factory aluminum wheels that came on the XLT model trucks. This truck is equipped with 4.10 gears and will plow anything. I am asking for $8500 for this work horse truck. I just had a great deal fall in my lap on a newer work truck and don't need 3 pickups so I am looking to get rid of this one.I'm located near Albany, NY. Thanks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Lt CHEG

Lt CHEG Junior Member
    from NY

Reduced to $8250 or best offer

3. Lt CHEG

Lt CHEG Junior Member
    from NY

Bump to the top

4. Lt CHEG

Lt CHEG Junior Member
    from NY

Reduced to $7995. I'm going to have more trucks than I have space for them so I'd like to move this truck before my new one arrives.

5. Lt CHEG

Lt CHEG Junior Member
    from NY

BTT for $7300

6. Lt CHEG

Lt CHEG Junior Member
    from NY

Reduced to $7000

7. Rat_Power_78

Rat_Power_78 Senior Member

How has nobody bought this yet?

8. Lt CHEG

Lt CHEG Junior Member
    from NY

Thanks for the post. I didn't think my price was too far out there. At the rate this is going, I may just part the darn thing out. I want to get rid of it to free up space for my new truck, but maybe I'll just have to park my new truck outside for a couple months while I part this bad boy out.

9. Rat_Power_78

Rat_Power_78 Senior Member

Hopefully it doesnt come to that. It looks way too nice to get cut up.

10. aloe

aloe Senior Member
    from NY

truck looks really clean...wish I had some xtra funds!

11. Lt CHEG

Lt CHEG Junior Member
    from NY

Truck is sold!